• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M.I.A

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M.I.A

It seems we have some organisations missing in
    action during this Ecoli outbreak.

Like FCPC (Food and Consumer Products of Canada)
    On their website they claim to be “Canada’s largest
    industry association representing the companies that
    manufacture and distribute the vast majority of food,
    beverage and consumer goods found on industry
    shelves.”
    Lots of pro Harper, pro Global trade, food safety talk
    on the website but there is no mention of the XL
    recall on their website.

Like the (CMC) Canadian Meat Council - the national
    beef processor organisation of which XL are
    members. They don’t mention this ecoli outbreak on
    their news release page either.

Folks we are being made scapegoats for something
    that is not of our doing. The explanations given to
    media about this problem should not be coming from
    a few ABP cowboys or Jack Daines. Lets drop the
    pretence that we are all equal members of "the beef
    industry".

Where is Gerry Ritz? Harper is doing all the defending in the House of Commons?

Maybe Gerry could make a few smart ass comments to put us all in a better humour? "death by a thousand cold cuts"

Didn't Redford say on Sunday "Don't worry. The beef is perfectly safe"? And then yesterday the CFIA announced more recalls.....so I guess it really wasn't safe and she was talking through her hat!

Comment

Ritz is coming to Calgary this morning to reassure the masses.

Comment

Good that Ritz finally woke up! Now how about the XL owners? Maybe they could make a comment or two?
        When the Maple Leaf listeria deal happened, McKain went on tv and apologized and said they would fix things.
        I don't know if this deal is going to turn a lot of people off eating beef or not? I guess time will tell. Just observing in my local supermarket....more interest in the pork and chicken section at the meat department!

Comment

XL Beef and grocery stores like Safeways are keeping their mouths shut. I suppose they're hoping it will all go away soon enough and people will move onto the next big issue. And don't worry, there WILL BE another issue soon. If you have something to say contact Bridget Brown at CTV Calgary.

We are not equal partners in this industry, we are all captive to the two big packing plants, even the grocery stores are co-dependent upon them to a fault....

It's a shame. They are like the banks, "too big to fail".

Comment

Talked to some mothers today from town, they are not going to buy and feed beef to their families because they are afraid of the food safety.

It will take time to change people's minds again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...