• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Sale

Our local community-owned sales barn is
    having it's first internet sale today
    (and based on cost, it's only one).

You can find it here:

http://www.cattleinmotion.com/event/rain
    y-river-stocker-sale

About 1738 head expected. Right now
    there are 165 kill cows, 18 kill bulls,
    380 yearlings and 1155 calves, with a
    few yet to come early in the AM.

Catalog will be available in the
    morning.

Our slip # is 1648 with 6 yearlings to
    sell (clean-up).

Check it out if your interested.

Well that was quite a sale. Went from 9:30AM and still had 200 head to sell when mine sold at 9:30PM and I left.

Lots of calves over $1000. Actually I would say the average on 5-6 weight steer calves was a $1000.00
    Lots of 3-4 weights hit the $2.00 mark or better.

Highest selling group I saw was a group of 12 BA calves 618 lbs sell for $1.87 or $1155.66 a piece, but I only watched half the sale.

Some of my yearlings only were paid 3/4 of that price. So I am selling my calves this fall. To heck with keeping yearlings.

Comment

Pretty impressive prices! Much better than here in Alberta.....500-600 lb steers in that $1.40-45range heifers $1.25-30.
      What are the feed costs like this year in your area?

Comment

Just got back from the presort at Innisfail(central alberta). Saw a good group of 635 lb. steers sell for $1.46.
        Three to four pound steers were around $1.68.
        Quite a difference in prices from burnt? I thought they were experiencing a feed shortage due to drought?
        Are we getting the shaft out here in Alberta? I mean 40 cents difference on steers? WTF?

Comment

That's pretty encouraging.

Were they going mostly south? or east?

Comment

Feed is $40-60 a ton. Lots of old hay being traded at less than that. Many are justing cutting the herds and doing with what they have.

Bred heifer prices were pathetic here though. High sellers were $925 and some sold in the $800-850 range. I know the guy that was trying to sell them and they weren't his best cattle, but the feed bucket made them look pretty good. Just shy of 1000 lbs, bred for April, Hereford bred Hereford.

Comment

Lots going east and west.

Here is the market report.

http://cattle.guelph.on.ca/markets/auction_markets/rainyriver_stocker.asp

Comment

"Feed is $40-60 a ton. Lots of old hay being traded at
                less than that."
                Really? I thought there was a "hay east" campaign
                going on for the guys in the west to donate hay to
                Ontario or are you a long way from the drought
                areas?

Comment

1200 miles away GF. Although we are in our second year of drought here. But there are enough hay guys for the number of cow guys. Plus we can head into Minnesota for hay if it gets real bad.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...