• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is going to be a strong push for Bill 2002 in the fall session

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is going to be a strong push for Bill 2002 in the fall session

Neil Brown
    þ@RNeilBrown 23h Bill 202 will bring transparency to proposed sales of public grasslands & preserve grazing lease tenure #ableg #yyc pic.twitter.com/Aclq8SCH

I wonder whitch one of thier todys wants what now . Probably be paid with resource revenue off crown land already in thier possesion.
    What a bunch of assholes we all are.

Comment

Its all about the groups that want to control the use of land without the bother and expense of owning or leasing it. The land bills are a huge power grab in that is still in progress. Bill 202 is just the latest offensive. Pun intended.

Why doesn't the government accept that the present grazing lease agreements address their stated concerns already? Probably because their true agenda is hidden and isn't really about protecting wildlife and habitat. It is about CONTROL by small anti-people, anti-progress groups and we have to expose it. HT

Comment

Horse speak for yourself!

Saw another "horse" at the Halkirk Windfarm Blade signing and BBQ. He tried to ask a Vesta employee doing our bus tour, "How many windmills are on private land versus crown land, and who owns these lands and where do they live?"

Frankly, its none of his business. If he wants a partial answer he could go to Capital Power's website and find that these windmills are on privately owned properties. [not that that means a hell of alot in Alberta these days]

I did have folks asking me "How much money did the Alberta government give to Capital Power for this project?" I don't know the answer but maybe someone does? Capital power is a publically traded company. They purchased the Halkirk windproject from "Greengate Corporation" a privately held company. There was something about "green credits" with the State of California on their website (part of the negotiated deal with Greengate Corp) If I remember right 45% of their production will be "used" by this agreement. I suppose they can't legally do this deal without physical lines connecting the windmills in Alberta to California.

Another windfarm is set to go up south of Castor, and in the Handhills... I'm sure with more to come....

Was told by resident that windfarms don't allow (ie: write into their contracts), any hunting with guns near their windmills - so I guess this means a nature preserve is also being created by their presence. Farmers need to consider this when accepting the towers.
        Deer may find this convenient.

As for Bill 202 see my topic Watching the Alberta Government.

Comment

I think there are 56 windmills on a ridge between Pine Lake and Trochu. None of them are hooked up yet because there is no transmission line....I guess they are waiting for WATL to get built!
          One of the landowners tells me he's never seen a dime after three years!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...