• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing of the farming landscape in this area 2012

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF? You really have an ego. Post after post telling us
    all how great and famous you are. What makes you
    think I can't spell your name if I wanted to? Why
    would I bother Gary with irrelevant crap like this?

Comment

GF. Only here for 12 years. How did we get along before?

Good posts Sadie. We will still be here when the power gamers have moved on. HT

Comment

Sadie/Ken: Is the hearing in Calgary on abandonment, an NEB hearing? We do have an ASRG director who sits on the NEB abandonment committee.
        I first got involved in the surface rights movement....through the original tracability ear tag discussions. That was the first time I met Jim Ness, at a meeting opposing forced tracability. He spoke very strongly about freedom from a meddling government! Jim was very involved with landowner rights and issues, and is a true fighter!
        Alberta Surface Rights Group certainly respects CAEPLA and all the hard work they put in on the front lines for property rights. For a lot of people...they were the "awakening"!
        A lot of our members are CAEPLA members.

Comment

ASRG & HAPPYTRAILS

Thankyou for the support. WOrking with CAEPLA is all about giving and helping others. There is no one that is selfish in this group.

What I learnt from working with CAEPLA is if there is a problem with an issue Land rights issue or in this beef post issue ie RFID EARTAGS. Learn how widespread this is and educate the end users or the real victims. This case the cow calf producer. Lobbying government groups does not work. Intervene if one is fined or if there is a hearing involved. You don't expect to win but intervene. The media love a DAVID AND GOLIATH STORY. The media that producers or landowners get usually is only magazine media and information what the PUSHERS want them to hear. The RFID eartag issue. How great. Buy RFID readers. Premise ID.

Once you intervene with an army behind you there is a TRAIL THAT IS MADE. Something to write about. Apparently people like to read material like this.

Compare this to pipeline landowners issues. I have 1 quarter section that have two Grade 1 pipelines on the property. The energy companies would love for our family to sell this. Once you are not a pipeline landowner you are no longer a voice that is present what has "knowledge" to always keep in this case the pipeline companies and our governments in this case my MP in check.

THe problems with traceability and RFID eartag. I laugh they sure didn't pick the right person to try to set an example with and choose to fine. CFIA but really CCIA and the Cattlemen groups thought that I would just sell my cow herd and get out. The power is that I keep the cow-herd which I have a passion for anyway and keep posting this on social media ---like I am. As long as this is being done I don't think any more STUPID FINES will ever be tried on a fellow cattleman.

The media groups that keep trying to phone my ranch are not controlled by government. CBC network and Global Saskatchewan --now Canada are always looking for stories. Someone that will speak up on controversial issues.

1)Pipeline oil spills. Energy issues.

2)RFID eartags and the controlling power traceability is bringing to the Canadian Cattle industry.

I finished combining. Like I said I will attend 1 day of the vet conference in Saskatoon.

ASRG ----I will ow focus on the CALGARY NATIONAL ENERGY BOARD hearing scheduled for Oct 31 2012.

Comment

ASRG--will finish up some loose ends on this posting thread. It is moving down the screen now and I feel I have enough information to start 1 or two more posts.

Let's face it. Beef forum was getting quite quiet out there. Good to see we have people watching.

Here are some more things I have learn watching CAEPLA in action. It is so different from any other group or organization I was every accustomed to and how our Canadian Culture still has us all structured to ---to this day. This is why CAEPLA is working.

HERE is some finishing thoughts ASRG. Your director sits on an abandonment committee. That is where CAEPLA is different. Once you are a director or sit on a committee that person is now controlled by the powers that initiated that committee. It gives your member some trivial informaton what it wants, takes up your members time and possibly might have some $$ per day to keep that member aboard.

Jim Ness---is a long standing former client, a great leader, a licensed land agent who only works for landowners and not energy companies, a very passionate dynamic speaker.

Is was the founding president of AAPL that organized the landowners on the eastern side of Alberta in regards to the Trancanada Keystone pipeline and the Keystone XL.

If CAEPLA needs help in Alberta or anywhere and Jim Ness is free he will come aboard. To help speak and organize landowners along a linear utility line project ---Power or Pipeline.

I am a contact in Saskatchewan for CAEPLA. Go to the CAEPLA.ORG website and there is updated numberous informative articles regarding landowner issues. You will see the president and CEO and other members of CAEPLA including legal counsel.

CAEPLA needs strong membership and continued membership support to keep going. CAEPLA's main success is when a major utility project negotiated settlement is made joining members are ask to contribute a % portion of the settlement.

With the SAPL/ENBRIDGE negotiated settlement members were asked to contribute a percentage.

Remember in 1997 when this group had a pipeline--Terrace 11 project the compensation package was about $2700.00/quarter it crossed. There was 0 important landowners issues resolved at that time. Shallow pipe, liability for landowners to cross with modern machinery (Sect 112 of NEB ACT) abandonment consideration not even touched. With the 2007 SAPL/Enbridge settlement the compensation package alone was 20 times greater. A figure of over 9 digits was contributed to CAEPLA. The costs are huge. To effectively invtervene and try to change policy and law at the NEB in CALGARY to help all pipeline landowners across CANADA legal counsel is needed, expert witnesses are needed.

AT the LMCI LAND MATTERS CONSULTATIVE INITIATIVE there were 4 streams of hearing set out. Streams 3 & 4 were about Method of Abandonment and Cost of ABandonment.

There is 0 cost recovery to landowner groups from the NEB to participate. THe NEB keeps saying we need a voice from landowners yet there is 0 funds available. The money raised soon was spent at those hearings.

History is being made. All work is recorded and stories can be written like they have been in the CAEPLA landowner journals which were distribulted to all landowners in ALBERTA, N.E BC, Saskatchewan and along the corridors in Manitoba and Ontario.

We are all volunteers, once one has been aboard, organized a group of people, were incuded at going to the negotiation table, learn how to properly meet the media, write you are always there to be called upon to help others.

Thanks to Jim NEss I have completed the landagents course myself through Olds College a few years back now. When someone in Saskatchewan phones and asks me to help them with another INTEGRITY DIG on their land--"I WILL PAY YOU". I say no ---if there is a victory give a donation to CAEPLA. We will help you do the negotiation and teach you how to help yourself.

THis happened to an 88 year old lady. She ground out a few extra thousand dollars from Enbridge on her negotation. That spreads the power of the landowner army around agains energy doesn't it.

Comment

ASRD

Knowing how CAEPLA works have I have had the preveledge to me on confercence calls, training and workshops.

1)How can a small group of individuals in a society make a movement that will eventually change a society?

It takes a while to get the movement moving but once it starts it is like getting a mountain moving---it is tough to stop it.

2)How to work with media? The use of talking points? What to say? what not to say?-----What is the media looking for when they want an interview?

3)Most of us are culturally trained that structure is like a pyramid. If you have a concern or a problem you go to the top first with the problem at your voice will be heard and it will be dealt with.

a)teacher
              b)principal
              c)MLA
              d)MP
              e)Premier or Prime Minister

IF you take your concern or voice alone you are only 1 on 1 with the top. Two points of a pyramid talking to another pt of the pyramid.

Working with CAEPLA teaches you not to rush the process. First talk to the others that have the same problem. The base of the pyramid. This takes time. Take to your neighbors (Pipeline or powerline or COws or Bulls) with RFID problems. Ignore the top points totally. Do not lobby the top at all just keep reaching out and building the bottom bricks first. NExt step is bring in the other bricks ---supporters, non rural landowners or non cattlemen and educate them on your problem. Effectively use the media.

Social media today is the answer. Agriville chat rooms. Twitter (i got to learn that this winter). This information is way more rapid than any newspaper or radio or TV ad.

Government and big business---BULLYIES cannot stop this. Finally the young kid generation is teaching grandparents how to do this.

THIS IS HOW TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

ASRD--Jim NESS as you likely already know stood beside me on June 10 2010 and was my CO-council in my defense against CFIA.

Talk to Jim and he will tell you it was one of the most entertaining and exciting experiences of his lifetime. You should of see the CFIA legal counsel. She had nice suit and shoes. There was a plastic ear and a tagging plier at her table. THis lady never has seen or smelt cow-shit in her life.

A few cases later where I was the expert witness she came to me and told me she was resigning as CFIA counsel.

"I Told Her I was going to miss her".

Comment

Good for you Sadie....keep fighting the good fight!
                The Alberta Surface Rights Group is aging.....a lot of our real fighters are getting pretty long in the tooth!

I too have taken the land agents course at Olds (I think I drove the instructor half crazy!) and like you I don't charge anyone, anything for advice! However....I am getting kind of sick of idiots who just don't get it? I won't waste much time anymore with guys who want someone to do all the work for them, while they sit on their ass!

The other thing is, I'm getting old and just don't want to take the time to deal with other peoples problems when they are too lazy to do their own homework?

I've got quite involved in local/provincial politics and hope for some changes from that area....might be wishful thinking!

In reality I have got to the point where I basically want to just raise my cows/dogs/crops/garden and not deal with all the BS.....well at least that is how I feel on some days!!!

As I have implied....I have a lot of admiration for Jim and enjoy him SO MUCH everytime I see him! He is a unique individual. A very honorable man.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...