• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supply Management

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HappyTrails: The TPP will actually mean less government control? The Canadian government will not be able to make policy for Canada....it will be bound by the agreement?
    We won't be able to regulate things like banking, patents and intellectual property rights, social programs, environmental rules.....these type of things will have to be in compliance with the TPP. It will have to be in compliance with countries like Malaysia, Mexico, and Vietnam!
    The loss of supply management will be one of the least concerns?
    The government can deal with that problem.....probably in court.
    I'm a great fan of the "rule of law" and property rights.

Comment

Now I'm no expert on tobacco but there is a precedent set for buying out quota?
      The tobacco quota license holders were offered a buyout when the federal government decided tobacco was no longer a desirable crop?
      Supposedly "Canadian" tobacco processors were able to buy somewhere else (probably at lower prices)? I don't think this resulted in lower cigarette prices....maybe the government just cranked up the taxes to reflect cheaper foreign tobacco prices?

Comment

Mabey they just cranked up prices? Du you think.

Comment

Maybe the milk processers will too?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...