• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help coccidiosis

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found they can die no matter what they are worth!

Comment

There used to be a product called "Decox" that was mixed with salt/mineral? A neighbor said it worked very well and was relatively cheap.

Comment

Alot of good points made already.

Kato---summed up alot.

Basically to get out of a "wrecK" like coccidiois the best route still have been this over the decades. Please go to your vet to discuss it as well.

If these are young calves (1-2 months) I would run them all through. Injectable choice IMHO is (SULFA) Trivetrin/ Borgal and 2 - 3 calf span (Pending on weight). Remember these pills are large. I use Lubravet on the pill.

Coccidiosis is about a 28 day cycle so the ones non clinical need treatment as well.

Management is to move them out of that area (If you can after treatment).

Reading this post and thread the last couple of days. It is very wet here and I just kicked the pairs out to larger area concerned about something showing up.

A vaccinated herd with scourvac helps the management & treatment of the conditions like this.

I have posted this before the value of CALF SPAN in the spring time. Combine with injectable like mentioned it is a helpfull management tool when dealing with (diarrhea, looseness, blood in manure). It is also very helpfull in treatment of Pneumonia in calves as well. Temp fluctuations from highs of 20 to low of 0 can be the biggest climatic influence on pneumia in baby calves.

Comment

We have used charcoal bolus for years, and never lost one, but I understand once my supply runs out you cann't get them anymore according the UFA. Trust some to stop making something that works. Can anybody tell me if they have a supplier..

Comment

Our vet clinic made up small boluses of " Toltrazuil", which I believe is a diluted drug used in a coxi med for swine. Supposedly can be used as a preventative and as a help in curing as it breaks the cycle. A calf can have a cox infestation, get over it , but have another infestation. Toltrazuil has a 30 day protection.
            However, clean, open fields are probably the best medicine.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...