• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does everyone think...

Early spring???

I'm leaning that way, since unlike last year, we won't take two months to melt the snow.

Feb 16th and we have nearly no snow.

Land clearly is going hard here with non of the
    tons of snow to pile with the bush. I heard this
    week there were 30 additional cats hauled into
    this area. The temps look like what would be
    March 16th. First time in the 9 years I have been
    in the north we don't gave massive snow
    melt/runoff. When to seed could be a huge
    gamble.

Comment

I am sure we will get some winter now just
      for having the discussion. I am hoping
      for some snow in March/April. We have
      lots of grass (probably into August), but
      it is pretty scary dry right now.

Comment

Talked to a local yesterday who said her turkeys are really getting 'active' and that they never do that until first part of May.

Comment

Early spring?Did we even have winter?I'm not looking forward to seeing how bad this years drought is going to be!!

Comment

Everyone around here will be happy not to be under ten feet of flood water, like last year, but drought is in the back of everyone's minds too. Too much or too little, the weather has sure been strange. Last year we had a crop insurance claim on our corn, and the cause of loss was listed as excess moisture AND drought. Never thought I'd see that written together.

Comment

The weather guy at the Beef Industry Conference says think spring of 2009. Cold miserable late spring. He predicted this mild winter and has a truly amazing track record.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...