• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pasture steers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey riders, holsteins are the only ones to have!!!lol We used to have cattle on this farm, I am not that inept. Cut me some slack!

Why do I need a bull??? Ha Ha!

Comment

Well that's good because I was hoping we wouldn't have to draw a picture and explain which was the engine and which is the caboose during the cow friendly season! lol

Comment

I've had those cabooses chase me before and it ain't fun. Part of the reason I like black. They can be calmer than some of the others. Are you a cow guy, Riders?

Comment

Not a cow guy now, but mom and dad used to have when I was a kid and a bit. you know it is and was a tough business and at the time some days used to think how I was stuck baling, feeding, or watching for cows to calf all night 30 below in a storm when my buds were out partying, but in a strange way I miss it.

I actually seriously have been giving it some thought with the way weather has screwed the crop around here. But should have thought about it a few years back at the lower prices. Who knows maybe still good time to get in but kinda risky at these prices. When you start analyzing the numbers still don't think these are high prices considering the costs of land equipment fuel etc. and how much you have to do compared to things like the rigs etc.

We used to cross charlais and red angus, dad once got a brainwave and bought some salers one year, holy shit we had the cattle olympics on our yard until the day he sold the last one. Wasn't a fence high enough to keep them in. Wasn't running shoes fast enough either. And when they calved you risked your life the minute you stepped into the pen with them buggers. Angus generally were quieter although we had a couple black ones that let us know when we got too close in a hurry.

You situation there with the good fence, water and grass wouldn't hesitate to try it out, if market slips for breds calve them out and then really be in the game. good luck!

Comment

Not a cow guy now, but mom and dad used to have when I was a kid and a bit. you know it is and was a tough business and at the time some days used to think how I was stuck baling, feeding, or watching for cows to calf all night 30 below in a storm when my buds were out partying, but in a strange way I miss it.

I actually seriously have been giving it some thought with the way weather has screwed the crop around here. But should have thought about it a few years back at the lower prices. Who knows maybe still good time to get in but kinda risky at these prices. When you start analyzing the numbers still don't think these are high prices considering the costs of land equipment fuel etc. and how much you have to do compared to things like the rigs etc.

We used to cross charlais and red angus, dad once got a brainwave and bought some salers one year, holy shit we had the cattle olympics on our yard until the day he sold the last one. Wasn't a fence high enough to keep them in. Wasn't running shoes fast enough either. And when they calved you risked your life the minute you stepped into the pen with them buggers. Angus generally were quieter although we had a couple black ones that let us know when we got too close in a hurry.

You situation there with the good fence, water and grass wouldn't hesitate to try it out, if market slips for breds calve them out and then really be in the game. good luck!

Comment

jeez sorry about the double post not sure how that happenned, but anyway if you do buy don't buy crap. But you know that already.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...