• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydro Frack Blows Out Oil Well

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like any other group, our board and membership are a very diverse group. Sometimes we have some real struggles over the positions we take.
    The practice of hydro fracking was one of those! Some of us are very pro industry.....some of us are very green!
    I classify myself as both!
    We could all agree it presented problems for water with the present Alberta regulatory situation? Until there are real safeguards in place, with real oversites....we are calling for a ban.
    It is obvious the ERCB is incompetent to police the industry. The eastern slopes are seeing some major activity with hydro fracking the cardium zone...and several problems are showing up! When they really get into the Dugenay shales......we fully expect to see more problems. The Viking zone in central and east central Alberta look very promising (a few test wells are coming in pretty good).......there will be water issues big time when they crank it up there....as the companies will probably need to pull water out of fresh water aquifers for the fracks.
    All we can hope for is the government takes a step back and makes sure they get it right.....rather than just go to it....and try to fix the mess afterwards!

Comment

ASRG there seemed to be a lot of resenitment towards the game the ERCB is playing at the Olds task farce meeting. Every time I read or heard from their spin doctors I really wonder what is the real truth. The pictures that appeared in the press regarding the blowout showed the truth and I think without them the ERCB would have issued no press release or it they had the material splatted all over the ground would have only being Honey instead of Oil.

Comment

Make no mistake here: without those pictures and our reports........you would never have heard anything about this wreck? How long has this been going on? We'll probably never know?
        What are we doing here? Why are we letting these companies do these sort of things? What kind of government would put us at this kind of risk?
        Maybe I'm some kind of dumbie or something.........I thought my government was supposed to be looking out for me............instead of screwing me and trying to kill me! WTF?

Comment

You have to ask yourself just how important our ground water aquifers really are or are they only there for the oil and gas industry to screw up by hydrofracing. From what I have read shale gas exploration has the potential to drill up every inch of Alberta landbase. Time to tell Ted Morton to back off.

Comment

With the new well spacing rules of Oct 6/11, yes it is possible that every square inch of "unconventional oil & gas" (shale, tight sands, coalbed) could become a potential pay zone.
            The dismal price of NG ($2.21/mmbtu) will likely exclude any pure gas plays unless they are rich with higher price hydrocarbons (propane, butane, hextane pentane, etc.).
            We are sending a letter to Ted Morton/Fred Horne/Dave Hancock/ERCB Dan McFadden asking for a moratorium on high pressure hydro fracking until a proper scientific review can be done and real regulations put in place to insure we don't have these ecidents.
            Of course our request will likely go in the garbage can.....it will probably take a few deaths before anything is done?

Comment

Welcome to the New World Order, The Ercb doesnt give a crap about what happens with hydrofracking, I knew this was coming as I ran drilling operations in the Middle East years ago and had the same thing happen over there with conventional fracking, I see the same over here with no reporting at least there one could expect it. This will happen more and more as we have the best government money can buy.

Comment

forage: I understand your situation completely. We all have to do what we can without jeprodizing our own interests.
                I guess the message we are trying to get out isn't an anti oil or anti business one? We fully realize just about everyone in Alberta benifits from the oil industry, whether that is a good paying job, or royalties, or surface leases, or for that matter the money going into social programs from royalties and taxes.
                Oil companies are doing their job and that job is to maximize profits for the shareholders.....it is not their job to make sure the landowner is getting his fair share....it is not their job to set standards for the environment? That is the job of government.....and they are paid very well to do that job!
                As the landowner it is your job to make sure you get as much as possible.....it is your job to make sure they don't ruin your property. If the government drops the ball, it is your job to make sure they get their act together!
                I would suggest the present government has not been doing their job very well for quite a few years?
                You might be surprized that there are some very progressive companies out there who realize things need to change. They fully realize it is much better to have a willing landowner participant.....rather than someone who hates your guts! Unfortunately there are others who have a different attitude.....these are the ones who will cheat you, lie to you, screw you whenever possible.....they cause 98% of the problems! And by the way the company you mentioned is probably one of the very worst!

Comment

"You might be surprised that there are some very progressive companies out there who realize things need to change. They fully realize it is much better to have a willing landowner participant.....rather than someone who hates your guts! Unfortunately there are others who have a different attitude.....these are the ones who will cheat you, lie to you, screw you whenever possible.....they cause 98% of the problems! And by the way the company you mentioned is probably one of the very worst! "

I see this as a very important statement ASRG.

It even answers the comments about New World Order.

Since getting back from China, the whole New World Order thing has been down played to a New North American Order thing in my mind. As if the Asians are dumb enough to eat up the whole Rocky fella idea? The control games going on by big banks and big companies may be happening a bit in some countries scared of what America will do with their military might, but that is it. The rest, and even those scared countries are on to the games of the elite. They know that Americans kill Americans, and some of their follower countries as well, to keep the fear in the rest of their hearts and keep them from thinking outside of the box that this powerful elite have been building for years.

Canada has a chance to stay outside that box. Yes there are companies that are aware ASRG. And I like your thoughts in the paragraph I pulled out of this post.

Support and encourage those who are conscious and aware and not those who are only out for profit and control.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...