• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Innisfail cow sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you talking about ASRG? these are the tough western cowboys you're talking too that don't want Government involvement or money. You mean cowboys lie awake at night sweating over whether their Government will back them up? Another Alberta illusion shattered for me!

Comment

I completely agree with your take on the grain
      sector Sadie. It's big money to be a grain farmer
      now. My neighbor just this fall bought a 350k
      case 500hp quadtrac now ordered a 400k
      Bourgault drill. One of the partners just bought 3
      partial farmable quarters for 500k.

Comment

Straight Simmental dispersal in Rimbey last Friday (not papered but essentially purebred cattle). Sale report shows bred cows $1300 to $2200, Bred heifers $1675 to $2000. They would be considered a reputation herd as they sold some bulls every year at good prices. Still quite expensive cows to go into a commercial operation IMHO.

Comment

grassfarmer: I never considered myself a cowboy. Don't like horses or cowboy hats! I'm a farmer and a small c conservative.
          The government has a job taking care of trade and health and safety issues...that's what we pay them to do...and they weren't doing their job?
          My cows were doing their job and I think I was trying to do my job. I never fed my cows any other cows! I fed them only things the government had deemed safe like mineral and vitamins....and yet I had to take the hit for a government mistake?
          I never imported any cattle from countries that had BSE? The government knew that was a high risk but they rolled the dice anyway? I shouldn't have to pay for their risky behavior!
          Let's be very clear here? The various beurocrats and politicians never suffered any pain for their bungling......you and I did....we paid the price?
          If they had done the right thing and made it right with us, I might have a little more faith in them. The fact is they haven't and continue to avoid their responsibility by fighting the BSE lawsuit?
          I'm not just sure where I read it, but apparently all the safeguards that were put in place to keep foot and mouth out of Canada have been removed(again risky government decisions) and it is probably just a matter of time until we get FMD. Will the government be there? Will they be acting responsibly for the actions they have taken? NO THEY WON"T! They have already shown they won't do their job in the BSE mess! That is why I am leery of this "new" cattle bonanza.

Comment

Ya no cowboy here also. 50% of all farm
            accidents a year in Alberta are horse related.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...