• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the starving family in sub Saharan Africa that has been displaced by war or drought like we couldn't imagine pay for the food?
    As f_s says that is a big issue and I don't claim to know the answer either. I'd like to see civilisation as a whole try a lot harder though as mildly increasing food prices in the developed world cause dramatic increases in the third world.
    As for always being able to produce enough food if we were paid for it that kind of depends on Dr Ron Huber's assertions on glyphosate essentially sterilising soil and it's ability to grow crops over time being wrong. Maybe a wildcard to throw in but one that could have profound consequences if proven correct.

Comment

I don't think too many of us mind supporting the drought and war stricken Sub Sahara family. I would like the rest of the world step up to the plate so to speak and pay the real value of the food.

Comment

So what is the "real value of food"? Are you talking about food at retail level or the commodities that farmers grow and sell?

Comment

Bit of a loaded question Gf but ultimately each in the chain need a profit. Of course I recognize the shorter the chain the easier that is.

Comment

And nary a word about education and birth control or stupid religions that glorify having big families and Popes who preach about it being a sin to use contraceptives. And nary a word about countries governed by idiots who dispossess white farmers and turn the land over to ignoramuses who couldn't grow anything. And nary a word where the governments of some countries spend billions on standing armies while the majority of the people are close to starvation.

Comment

Not many of us are in a position to affect those things Willagro. What is your suggestion?

Comment

It wasn't meant to be a loaded question Per, just trying to get you to expand your post a little so I could understand what you meant by it. I'll try again - do you think current prices of food at retail level reflects the "value of the food" Are you talking the nutritional value of the food?
                Or is the "value of food" too low because primary producers are not getting paid enough for the raw materials they produce?

Comment

Just leaving the yard to move some cows. A couple of questions in there GF. Are the primary producers getting enough for what they produce? No. Are there things they can do about that? Yes (another topic) What is the nutritional value of what we produce? Also a big topic that I am going to ponder on while enjoying rounding up and moving cattle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...