• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Cabinet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diana McQueen is the MLA for a neighbouring riding and seems to be very involved. Attended many functions in our area and has invited me to have a "chat" on ag in Alberta. Seems open, involved and doesn’t seem to take her job for granted, like some.
    Formerly mayor of Drayton Valley.

Comment

farmers_son: Remove over half of those selections of yours and I might agree with you. Liepert would have to go IMHO (preferably permanently) and Iris Evans should be dropped as well.

The talent pool for the CONS is drying up...so sad but its true.

Comment

I have read newspaper columns suggesting Liepert should go, you may be right. I read Liepert's bio and thought he would be one that stayed. There is need for experience. Plus he is from Calgary.

And there is talk about Doug Griffiths being in cabinet. Might happen. He got his picture taken with Redford on Tuesday if that means anything. However I was questioning how much room there would be for rural MLAs in the new cabinet.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Braid Alison Redford brings playbook/5504140/story.html

I thought it was interesting Redford's new chief of staff was Danielle Smith's chief of staff after she won the Wildrose leadership.

Comment

I just sit in abject aw reading these posts. How soon we forget. I can't believe that a bunch of red neck conservative think tankers like fellow blogers could consider this bunch as being worthy of anything. Like Horners slogan "doing it right this time". What have they all been born again?

They've lost the right to rule for their royal track record of abuse of the electorate and floundering leadership. Let be real.

Comment

The pragmatist in us like to speculate who she is going to pick for a
            Cabinet and why. That doesn't mean we agree or disagree with the Government or the change or lack of change. Those are conversations for another thread. Certainly her choices of jobs for Horner and Hancock show that any change will be minimal. In any political think tank it is useful to figure out how all sides view the landscape.

Comment

Evan Berger is the new Ag Minister. What is known about Mr. Berger?

Comment

According to the Western Producer, Berger was appointed parliamentary assistant to the Minister of SRD, before becoming Ag Minister. It also says he's a rancher from Nanton. I wonder what his stand is on voluntary age verification. I'd sure like to see that happen.

Comment

He was Reeve of the MD Willow Creek before Provincial politics. A very good friend of GG.

Comment

A couple of disappointments today. Ted
                    Morton (was hoping he was gone) and Doug
                    Griffiths (was hoping he was in). It kind
                    of comes across as a combination of
                    limited change and trying to keep the PC
                    ship together prior to an election call.

Comment

Doug Griffiths is in at Municipal Affairs whatever that it. Agree with you on Morton - why put that snake in your cabinet is a mystery to me. And at energy too - that's a clear way not to have trransparency in this important post.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...