• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Shredgate"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shredgate"

“When Minister Morton and his staff moved from SRD to finance, we did not keep the email archives,” Morton’s former executive assistant Eric Taylor wrote. “No luck with paper — our office staff shredded all our documents when Dr. Morton resigned from Cabinet.”

WOW - their close to devine eh?

Every lick of communications by public official should remain "on file" and only kept secret if it threatens national security. Transparency must be the rule.

I am not seeing heat stress as much as reduced yield. What looks like a great crop is just average. All #1.

Comment

Tom4 how is that defined?

Comment

60 to 80 straw on both durum and hrs. Yield
        average at best.

Comment

wd9,

It looks somewhat like frost... but ususally just on the back of the kernel and not as deep a wrinkle.

Comment

An old grain buyer told me that heat wrinkles go one direction on a kernal and frost wrinkles go the opposite direction.

Comment

tom

You should phone the cwb as they have the farmer's interest taken care of. They will straighten out those bad grain companies and their shyster ways.

Hurry before they are gone!

Unfortunately, most don't realize they are in on it.

Comment

Sounds like another chance to buy it as one thing and sell it as another.

I'm sure Australian wheat would never have this "problem". Customers just wouldn't buy it from them, right?

Comment

Never heard of it down south and we always
                  have heat stress.

Comment

I am seeing the same in our infinity wheat. 60
                    plus bushels of straw and only 45-50 of yield.

Comment

Calling it 'heat stress' as if it explains the reason for the very shallow wrinkles... is wrong.

We didn't get over 27C and only for a couple of days before it was mature.

I am quite certain it was actually leaf desease that killed the plants early. If the Bushel weight is good... the falling number is good... the grade should be a #1.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...