• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Market Update - An early Look at the Feeder Run

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Market Update - An early Look at the Feeder Run

When you talk about factors affecting the cattle markets as we head into the feeder run, a number of things emerge. High commodity prices are creating a new normal when it comes to a baseline feeder price. Producers have to get over the initial sticker shock and adjust to the fact that higher feeder prices may be here to stay. Weather is another factor in play affecting both placements in the U.S. and summertime market activity here at home. Volatile markets are having an impact as well as producers and financial institutions struggle to try and mitigate risk.

In this episode of the Beef Market Update, Anne Dunford and I discuss how those factors and others are playing with the markets and what we can expect heading into fall.

[URL="http://realagriculture.com/2011/08/17/beef-market-update-an-early-look-at-the-feeder-run-anne-dunford-gateway-livestock-exchange"]WATCH THIS EPISODE OF THE BEEF MARKET UPDATE[/URL]

I sure hope they're right about higher feeders. I wonder how many guys will be tempted to hold calves longer this fall or maybe even take them into the new year?
    If the fat market (or futures) really take off like Anne suggests is possible, it might make sense to hold them?
    There is a lot of feed out there and hay prices should be low.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...