• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Emerald Award

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Emerald Award

The Emerald Foundation was set up to recognize "protection of the environment" and as such make an award each year to a person or group of people who have taken actions to do just that.
    I was quite pleasantly surprized to be a recipient this year.
    In 2005 I participated in the "Off the Creek Program" where I fenced cattle out of some springs/creek. I think the program gave me about $800 for part of the fencing costs. I paid for the steel gates and a gravity water system that cost about $2000.
    I was going to do it anyway but the $800 was very much appreciated. Had to jump through a few hoops to get it though.
    I was sick of cows fouling up the springs and creek and the algae build up in the large dam on the creek. The cows muddied up the dam and were breaking down the edges and generally making a mess of the spillway. Not very good for the trout.
    Anyway I was only one person of a group of 43 that participated in the "Off the Creek" program....but it was nice to be recognized for my effort.

Congratulations. I know a few recipients of said award. You are in good company.

Comment

You could put your name up for the ABP stewardship award ARSG. I am sure they would not consider your past challenges to their organisation when choosing their winner...LOL

Congratulations from Kaiser as well.

Comment

Congrats. It is great to see people on
        the ground being recognized for their
        efforts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...