• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the Manitobans..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Manitobans..

Over the past couple of weeks I've spoken with two or three other Manitoba cattle people, and they have all brought up the fact that the provincial and federal governments are both knocking down their doors for repayment on BSE emergency loans and those cash advances. They also brought up the fact that they have no money to pay them back right now.

How widespread is this? One guy told me MASC wants him to refinance and roll his BSE loan into one secured by land. They haven't done anything like that to us so far, but I bet their tolerance for a late payment has dropped.

There are producers in the interlake who have lost their pastures to water, lost their crops to spring rains, and also their hay. They have hardly had any income for the past three years. One guy told me the only money a lot have is enough to run the house.

I see that the governments have both stepped up to get cash to grain farmers who have lost crops to excess moisture, even though there is crop insurance in place already. I have no complaint about that.

But...... when BSE washed away our incomes back in 2003, just as thoroughly as if it was a flood, we got offered loans and debt. Why aren't they telling grain farmers this year that Agristability will save them, the way they told us in 2003?

Makes you think, doesn't it?

I wouldn't trust any SOB from any government from MB NDPer's Don't let them suck you into any rollovers.

Comment

Don't worry about that. We're not in the flood zone, thank goodness, so we're still standing. But they are putting some good pressure on some people, from what I've been told.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...