• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manitoba NDP has fummbled again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitoba NDP has fummbled again

Since the start of BSE, we in manitoba have had a provincial government that has only paid lip service to the beef industry. Now they have put blame on everybody else why they cannot get their shit together and get a beef plant going in our province.Shame shame on this goverment with no vision

I see you must have read the story about how the money intended for the beef plant went to the hog processors instead.

It's odd, isn't it, how the feds are putting 10 million into hog processing, while the provincial government is doing everything in it's power to eliminate hogs from the province?

In the past couple of months, it's been amazing to watch the NDP jump on everything that would look good on election day, when you know darn well they would otherwise pay no attention at all.

All this fuss over saving the CWB? It's got nothing to do with the CWB, and everything to do with saving the Wheat Board jobs at Portage and Main. If head office wasn't in Winnipeg, they would have no opinion at all.

Cutting into rivers to flood farmland? Diverting so much water into Lake Manitoba that it's flooding pastures miles from the lake? That's got more to do with keeping the fancy homes on the riverbank in Winnipeg dry than anything else.

Bringing in more regulations on the hog industry than ever before? To keep Lake Winnipeg clean? No, because hogs aren't the main problem. To get votes in Winnipeg? Oh ya, that's it.

I've always thought the Manitoba NDP government wouldn't be happy until everything outside the perimeter was a provincial park, and I haven't seen anything to change my opinion yet.

Once the election is over this fall, it will be just like it was with the federal government and their election. We'll be on our own.

Comment

I never could figure out why they would deliberately broke dams to flood good farm land.

Comment

They said the riverbanks were weaker farther east, but I think it's more likely that because it was the Assiniboine river and not the Red, that made them do it. The Assiniboine comes into Winnipeg from the west, within the area not protected by the floodway.

It turned out that the farmland flooded by the river didn't turn out to be nearly what they predicted. However, lots of people are still fighting high water levels on Lake Manitoba because of the massive amount of water that was diverted into that. I read that they were sending the equivalent of the flow over Niagara Falls through that diversion. That's a lot of water to put into a large shallow lake that was already at capacity.

Comment

Alberta isn't any different. "Fish Bowl" politicians.

Comment

Thankyou Kato your words are the truth.Sacrifice everything outside the city for the city vote...

Comment

Uhhh, Heavy Weight Hitter Calvin Vaggs got the go ahead fer A $13 Million expansion at his Carman, MB facility. Supposedly gon be gutting 500 head per week once in full swing, fillin er' fulla Mexicanos.......

Comment

Good. Finally!

This is the way I always thought they should be using checkoff money. They need to use it to allow existing operations to expand.

Comment

Do you think you could hold back your bigotry for a couple of words and tell me more about the plant that got the grant BYO farmall.

I don't know about the rest of you but I hear enough of the vulgar language and use it once in a while myself that I don't really like to read it on this informative web site.

And the racial slurs - come on BTO. Where did you learn to talk like that - your buddy George Bush or Alex Jones???

The biggest problem I have with fellows like Alex Jones is their attitude. Listened to a bit of him again the other day and even if he has some legitimate points, the approach gets him no where.

Good luck with the name calling BTO and I expect some back from you after this as well. To err is human - to blame someone else is even more human. Don't get me wrong BTO - I am human as well, but your words are sub.

Would you like it better if our moderator kicked you off and you could blame someone else for your situation?

Comment

In the spirit of the topic here, notice that this is not a Manitoba government investment. It's also not 13 million from the feds, either. They're kicking in 2.8 million.

Plains Processors have been a big processor of bison in the past. I'm not sure if they still do it though.

Here's a link from Harry Siemen's website. It explains it well.

http://www.siemenssays.com/blog/4109.html

Randy, check out the picture I posted for you under the "pigs flew" thread. ;-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...