• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Gold buys Innisfail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Gold buys Innisfail

I hears Price's sold the Issisfail plant to Canada Gold?

Was that Tax Payers money?

I agree with you. Farmers have survived low
    commodity prices. They Seem pretty comfortable
    right now. New equipment isn't everything!

A good mechanical mind and a well-equipped
    work shop can go a long way.

Don't want to spend my life paying for new steel.

Comment

If I felt I had to farm 10 000 acres to survive, I'd quite this morning. This type of attitude is prevalent amongst those who have had dad's free labour, dad's free land, and dad's free machinery. The rest of us are supposed to suck it up and quit, cuz we aren't of any size that matters.

Regardless 10 000 acres in our part of the country, is impossible. There is basically no window to get anything done. You would need such a wicked line of machinery, and a dozen guys to run it all.

THere are a few who have some kind of need to be big, for whatever reasons. But there are many more who seem content, and have no ridiculous, unnecesary aspirations.

Whatever, to each his own, just don't belittle the little!!

Comment

Comment

I guess we'll see won't we! Good luck to you all at any rate.

Comment

Silverback,

This is all about a 'state of mind'... just like will you 'feel old' in ten years from now.

My family farm only owns 1000ac.

Weather we have 2000, 4000, or 10,000ac in our permit book is totally irrelevant. 10 quarter section farmers can work together to have a Very successful grain farm.

How we organise ourselves... and deal with others... will be the

Comment

For what it is worth, here is a study MNP did for ARD. Farms above 2,000 acres - bigger than some are talking about here. Conclusion size doesn't matter. It is what you do with what you have that counts.

[URL="http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/econ13638"]Study of Investment and COP 2009[/URL]

Comment

Or like my grandpa used to say, " its not how deep you plow, its how long you stay in the field."

Comment

i totally agree, running like a hare to pay for new tin is a mugs game. better to be the tortoise on a 25 yr old tractor.
                  found a cheap ford fw60 steiger 400 hp nearby, should i buy it?

Comment

Farm 10,000 wife and kids hate you but local chem
                    and machinery companies lov ya,live rich die poor.

Comment

Interesting how many equate shiny new iron to success. Its an expense. Land is the real asset and that is where the value is.

Comment

Why worry about his opinions,he cant even extrapolate
                        container movement?

Comment

God guys its not the size that matters its what makes the individual happy and if they can handle it, go for it. If I wasnt having fun farming the acreage I farm I would quit. But as long as its still fun Ill continue. I also agree the land is the only real asset. We own most of our dirt and I wouldnt have it any other way. The equipment is nice to drive and use and with 10000 acres or more you need newer equipment.
                          Hey neighbor has fun with 10 quarters other does with three so do what you like and dont judge others. Remember the bigger you are the harder you fall or is it fail. HA HA.
                          Heading to lake have a beer and fishing rod with my name on it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...