• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill 36 Lousana video

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill 36 Lousana video

Here is the link to the video of Joe Anglins meeting at Lousana being gatecrashed by two drunken MLAs.
    *Warning* may contain arrogance and stupidity offensive to some viewers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQAVrcdEOQ&feature=player_embedded

I 100% agree with the last statement in
    that video, and I quote "you shouldn't
    elect us."

Comment

Our group has the complete video which runs about 15 minutes. It will be put up on our website as soon as we can. For now you can view the youtube video at www.albertasurfacerights.com

Comment

I would sure like to see the whole video, let us know when it is posted. There is a wealth of information on your website. Keep up the good work.

Comment

per: We have just got some advice from our tech guy in Edmonton so hopefully will soon have the complete video up on the website.
          Being "middle aged farmers" sometimes we really struggle keeping up with technology......and it doesn't seem to be getting easier!

Comment

fish bowl politicians

Comment

Re the comment about not electing us...

That is a very important point and one that is overlooked. Check out Election Alberta and click on 2012 Election to see the redistributed ridings. The cities have got 4 more MLAs making a new total of 87 and the "rural" ridings are not rural at all with most including a large urban center to bring up the numbers of voters. There are two very large ridings in NE Alberta but they both include Fort McMurray which will have two ridings. Maybe one or two ridings would be considered rural but the rest are strongly urban.

Bottomline the days when rural issues were important are gone. No urban voter is going to get wound up over land use. It is my impression that in the upcoming 2012 provincial election even if every single rural landowner voted against the sitting MLAs over the land use issue it would not make one bit of difference in the outcome of the election.

Without getting controversial but to put it in perspective the gay vote in Alberta probably could sway more election victories than the rural vote will be able to in 2012.

Rural Albertans should have been attending the meetings of the Election Boundaries Commission when they were held last year. It is kind of too late now to expect the politicians to listen. The rural vote has been effectively neutered and without any political clout we are not going to get our influence with politicians back.

The days when farmers could elect governments belong to another era. Look for more legislation like LUSA in years to come. The urban voter is going to tell rural Alberta when to jump and how high.

I could go on to say that the property rights issue has more to do with oil and gas rights thousands of feet below the surface than my little bit of land. And maybe that is the way we have to look at it. Unless property right issues can somehow draw the interest of the urban voter there seems to be little use of farmers and ranchers raising any concerns.

Comment

The rural voter is 5 times more likely to vote than the urban voter, balancing the scales just a bit. The demographics at most of the land use meetings I have attended have been fairly split between rural folks and urbanises. City dwellers are more aware than you give them credit fs.

Comment

urbanites, too bad we can't edit.

Comment

Can't wait to watch the full video.... could these two politicians be any more rude and incompetent than what the short clip demonstrated..... there is one word for their actions "UN-PROFESSIONAL"

With a majority government, "consulting the public" is a joke....

Comment

farmers son: It is unfortunate that most urbanites will miss the "big picture" and consider the land grab bills as nothing more than a farmer issue.
                      The fact is these four bills take away "rule of law" which is the basis of our parlimentary democracy. When a government takes away your right to be compensated for real property and denies you access to the courts to protect that property......it is time for everyone to be very afraid!
                      Today they take my property (bill 24-pore space).....tommorrow they can take your house, your car, your bank account!
                      Bill 50, the Electric Statutes Act, will affect every person in Alberta. Large increases in transmission costs will not only affect everyones personal power bill, but will drive businesses out of the province....so you might lose your job as well! For what?...so large power generators can export electricity to California for free? And a couple of "inside job" companies can make $billions building those lines?
                      Unfortunately most urban Albertans don't have a clue what is going on with these land grab bills (and how it changes completely the government/citizen relationship) and that is a shame.

Comment

Farmers_son you raise some good points. I spoke to Joe after the first meeting I attended on these bills and told him I thought we needed to make this more than a rural landowner issue and I think he agreed but felt we needed to get the rural landowners on side first. I still think we really need to get the urban/ non-farmers active on this as we need the numbers. But I don't think it's a case of pulling in uninvolved people to back us - these urbanites are subject to the same rules under these new laws. It is my understanding that the whole province is covered by these regional plans so the city dweller in Edmonton or wherever can have his marriage licence revoked just the same as a rancher in a rural area. They could also presumably have the right to their property (house) rescinded just like we could as they are all there by permission of the province at the moment. So I fail to understand why we have not been making this a province wide campaign as all citizens are affected.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...