• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happens When Our Power Prices Increase in a Big Way?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep digging that Sellout hole deeper fer yerself rasskisser. Buys a Toyota Truck. Only Fords allowed on this Yard. Lets pass these Albertan Bills first, THEN yous kin see what they have in store 4 Yous!!!!!!

Comment

As I said; and I guess I am getting some of my own medicine. What we resist persists.

I give.

Hugs and kisses to yous and yers BTO farmall.

Comment

I think in everyones life there comes a time when you either "resist" or you "go with the flow"?
        When a government brings in legislation that takes away your basic rights.......then what do you do?
        Do you "go with the flow and be happy they left you something (at least for today!) or do you stand up and say "Hey thats not right!"
        When does that magic moment come when you draw the line in the sand and say "Thats it. I will yield no more."?
        The four land grab bills were designed to take away rights we have had since the Magna Carta. Rights that define our relationship with our rulers?
        What you do today will affect everyone that comes after you......just like those landowners did in 1215 ad when they stood up to the King and told him "We will be treated as free men, not like dogs! And you will yield or it will be off with your head"!
        It is unlikely the present government will change their way of thinking, but we do have one right left for sure...to throw them out (modern off with your head) and bring in a government that will respect our property rights? There are four other provincial political parties....find out what they say.....and vote for a change!

Comment

Ahhh yes ASRG. The modern day "off with their heads"

And even within this new democracy idea, finding positive creative solutions will win out over fear. People are evolving every day and fear and punishment are fast becoming a historical democratic boondogle. There are those that might say the bush administration toppled due to the fear inflicted by folks that fought back with fear. ie. we keep bush and his cronies and you will get this. Or as some like to post on this site - "yous guys will see". I think that even America is slowly waking up and the change is due to a positive future vision after the slash and burn job that was done on the American economy.

Yes we need to see what the other parties offer. Grab on to a few good things and focus on them. Give one of them a chance to prove their good words and if they do not come to the plate, put in another group. I have not personally voted for the current boys club for years now. I believe that they have allowed an unconcsious collective ego mindset to take over their party. They have the ability to turn it around of couse, but I think that will have to come from outside the parliment looking in.

Comment

I heard a don't worry be happy speach from a leadership candidate yesterday."Yes we made a few mistakes in the past couple of years, but who better to fix it but with me at the helm" (not an exact quote but accurate in the meaning) And them my own MLA warning the that "Other" party is way to far to the right for him. And then another director came up to me when I was visiting with my MLA and referred to me as a "turncoat". This next year is going to interesting. Back to Bill 50, I believe it will be the undoing of our prosperity if we don't deal with it.

Comment

Wooo boy, all that playing and politicking has caused harm to my sentence structure and spelling. I read a study on what watching or reading stupid things does to your IQ the other day. A test taken before and after revealed that your IQ was lowered immediately after watching or reading stupid things. Same might go for political schmoozing. I hope the effect is temporary.

Comment

I was lucky enough to attend the first showing of a video today which I think will pretty much sink the PCs in Alberta if we can get it on TV. It is a compilation of clips filmed at the public meetings at Eckville and Lousanna with Joe Anglin and Keith Wilson. It shows the MLAs being arrogant, rude, contradicting themselves and each other and displaying their lack of knowledge about the legislation. It was absolutely hilarious and anyone watching it would conclude that these guys are a totally unelectable bunch of bafoons. I excpect there will be copies available and to see it on YouTube in the days ahead.

Comment

As soon as Joe sends me the finished video I will get it up and running! It is priceless!
                  A member of our group was at the Lousana meeting and he said the crowd booed those two bums(Mel Knight & Luke Ouellette) right out of the hall! Every person Alberta should be concerned when two cabinet ministers charter a plane from Edmonton (on your dime) to come down and harass a local meeting on property rights? And being drunk as well? Shameful!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...