• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else see?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else see?

Did anyone else see the news story on Global National a couple of days ago re the ecoli 157 vaccine? It was a rather rushed piece about the Bioniche(sp?) companies vaccine and how this was the way ahead for beef production - every animal was to be injected, the cost was $10 per animal and this was to be borne by the producer and the company spokesman was suggesting the Government should make it mandatory (clearly that would be in his interests) They highlighted with a map southern Alberta being the centre of beef production and by implication of ecoli 157 without mentioning feedlots or any potential role they might have in multiplying the ecoli. They also showed an Ontario producer who uses the product walking among some tame cattle in the pasture and randomly injecting them. They also managed to work in a reference to the Walkerton tradedy and more or less directly linked that to cattle contaminated water which I believe wasn't at all the findings of the inquiry. I'm surprised no one in the farm media picked up this story or no beef organisation commented on it.

Never saw it. Sure wouldn't have tame cows too long if you went out and randomly poked them with a needle. This would be the role of the CCA. Sometimes no response is the appropriate one though.

Comment

Makes you wonder how our ancestors ever managed years & years ago. This is just one more thing for the Government to control. Last year Swine Flu, this year will be Ecoli. Better watch out, this will get yous, that will get yous, even the Boogey man might, We need the Government to Protect us!!!!!

http://www.rense.com/general66/deadmicro.htm - Dead Scientists & Microbiologists

Comment

Per, "Sure wouldn't have tame cows too long if you went out and randomly poked them with a needle. This would be the role of the CCA."
        So are you saying the CCA are a bunch of pri@#%?

Comment

Just saying a national issue would require a national response and maybe by their silence was their response. We all have the privilege of funding the CCA, so that puts the ball in their court. Having said that I would like to see the piece. Hard to form an opinion or stance when 2nd hand.

Comment

And no GF you won't get me to say that.

Comment

I'm no expert on animal diseases. I vaccinate for blackleg and nothing else. However I don't go out and buy cattle all over the country...just add a bull every once in awhile from a couple of local breeders who don't bring in many outside animals either.
              I have been following the e coli wreck in Germany, where fresh vegetables have caused a real bad outbreak of a particularily viscious strain?
              Apparently the Chinese have done the DNA profiling on this strain (in three days...much faster than any other lab could do!) and the results indicate some pretty disturbing stuff. This strain is a mutation with some very diverse contributors from several other strains! Apparently it is causing a lot of head scratching among the scientists who deal with bacterias.
              There has been some hesitant suggestions that GMO vegetables could be implicated in the developement of this strain of ecoli.....apparently when GMO foods were developed several strains of various bacterias were used to carry the "desired" genes into the DNA of the original plants.....WITH E COLI GROUPS BEING ONE OF THE MOST USED!
              As I said, I'm no expert....just what I've been reading at rense.com

Comment

Bioniches web site is at :

http://www.bioniche.com/research.cfm

“The Company is focused on addressing diseases harboured by animals that can cause human illness.”

Two U.S. companies have licenses for a similar vaccine.

Not sure if this is the exact same story that Grassfarmer refers to but it seems close:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/new-health/health-news/canadian-vaccine-effective-against-e-coli-in-cattle/article2042350/

There are quite a few news stories re the vaccine but I could not find one quite as “interesting” as the one Grassfarmer mentions. There is no word of government or mandatory or anything like that. The quoted cost of the vaccine is $10. I certainly could see a packing plant insisting that all cattle killed in the plant be vaccinated for E. Coli if the vaccine really works. Or Australia and New Zealand using the vaccine to brand their beef product as being safer.

There is lots in the news on the e. coli outbreak in Europe. In this case it was bean sprouts and thankfully not beef. This is the third largest outbreak of E. Coli and the most deadly in history. The outbreak has been traced back to the farm where the produce was grown. No manure was used on the farm and cattle are not implicated.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/06/05/ecoli-sprouts-germany.html

Comment

f_s, I emailed the news station and asked that they provide a link to the news clip - will post it if they send it.It certainly was an "interesting" piece which is why I'm surprised there were no comments about it.

ASRG, There is no chance of it being GMO contaminated in Germany - it was domestically grown bean sprouts and they are very particular about avoiding GMO. Probably more so than any other European country.

Comment

QGF, mix this with some of that QuackGrass of yers & stick it in yer Pipe & Smoke It......

http://www.naturalnews.com/032622_ecoli_bioengineering.html - Forensic evidence emerges that European e.coli superbug was bioengineered to produce human fatalities

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/06/e-coli-bean-sprouts-not-cause - Ecoli outbreak: Bean Sprouts may not be to blame

Comment

The articles BTO mentions show there are a lot of questions about this whole ecoli mess in Germany? How do organically grown bean sprouts get infected...although I think they now realize the evidence is showing the bean sprouts were probably not the cause?
                      Where are these "superbugs" coming from? How can one strain of ecoli suddenly appear that is immune to just about every antibiotic known to man....with a few extra killer ensymes thrown in for good measure? Something isn't right here?
                      Clearly vaccinating cattle won't solve a problem like what is happening in Germany?
                      Killer strains of ecoli in cattle are associated with feedlot rations that promote those deadly strains and dirty processing plants.....will vaccinating solve that problem...or merely help even tougher strains to evolve?

Comment

Maybe if they slowed the line down at the packing plant it would prevent the carcass from getting contaminated by a dirty hide. But no, it's all about "economies of scale" and speed & efficiency and dumping the responsibility somewhere else.
                        I heard on the tv news that the pharmaceutical companies are advising the government to mandate e-coli vaccinations.

Comment

The solution to dirty hide contamination of meat in the UK was belly clipping of live animals. Packing plant health inspectors wouldn't allow them in unless they were clean. Not a big problem with sheep but belly clipping limo bull beef animals made for some exciting days on our place. More than one farmer has lost their life or been maimed following this practice.

Comment

This is fer QuackGrassFarmer.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWOltSAZFPI&feature=related

Comment

I think, in general, people are extremely naive. What ASRG stated is correct, "Where are these "superbugs" coming from? How can one strain of ecoli suddenly appear that is immune to just about every antibiotic known to man....with a few extra killer ensymes thrown in for good measure? Something isn't right here?"

The technology for splicing and dicing genetic material is not found on the farm. When a problem of this nature shows up, it is imperative that we follow the money trail. Not just the ones who MAKE money on this disaster (or gain more power over the people), we also need to note who are the ones being hurt by it.

In the German ecoli case... first cucumbers, then other vegetables, and finally blamed on organic sprouts.

Now really folks, how would a bacteria naturally adapt to be so deadly on an organic farm?

Are we so naive that we will never suspect sabotage by corporations ready to move in with "their solution" to the "problem of the day"?

It doesn't matter in the end which farm or garden it comes from, because the whole industry is affected. Those accused but found innocent have already had their livelihoods decimated, their reputations smeared and their futures probably destroyed.

Modern health care has some good trauma solutions, but as for man's attempts to cure-all visa vaccines, I believe we have created an autoimmune nightmare of degenerative diseases that cost us more in health care dollars and lives - than the diseases they are said to spare us from.

An article on ecoli problem (lengthy)FYI: (haven't read it all myself yet, either)....
                              http://www.infowars.com/forensic-evidence-emerges-european-e-coli-superbug-bioengineered-to-produce-human-fatalities/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...