• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else drying out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else drying out

Our lawn, hay and pasture is drying out. The only good stuff I have is where I piled bush last fall and this spring on the frost...a foot high there.

Hoping to see the sun for the first time in a while today. Need some of that drying out to finish seeding the crop. What a varied and diverse country we live in.

Comment

Same here. Hubby had to get up at 5 yesterday morning to get the last five acres of corn in before it started raining .... again. Our corn field had about a 36 hour window where you could work it between rains, and we had to use every minute of it. That land won't be dry again until well after the crop insurance seeding deadline. You have to do it when you can. There's still 50 acres of greenfeed to go, but you can't even think about going out there for a while yet.

At least the grass will grow, and if the weather turned dry in July, the hay will be good. There's always a bright side, if you look for it.

Comment

Seed in the Mud, Crops a Dud, Seed in the Dust, Bins will Bust........

Comment

Ya always a bright side is right on.

The bush half section I bought this spring needs to dry out a little to get around it with the cat to do a perimeter fence this summer/fall.

Comment

We just got a heavy rainfall warning for 40 to 60 mm rain, followed by winds gusting to 80kph.

Fun and games again. Anybody got any rice seed? Manitoba may be in the market for a new crop.

Comment

Just went to check if we are getting close to going. Can't get across the field in a pick up truck yet. Better give it another day.

Comment

Barely get in the driveway here in 4x4.
                Thunder grumbling in the distance. Rained for 4 hours so far today, it has rained some or all day for 2 weeks here.

Comment

Tale of a neighbor who should have used the pick up test. Went by a few hours ago with the seed truck. Just went by with another 4wd tractor pulling nothing. Can only be for one reason.

Gcreek I hope you don't wash away.

Comment

Just seeded some greenfeed oats and I am sure most of it will not germinate untill we get a rain. Grass/Hay is at a stand still. Sounds like we need a mixer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...