• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cattle going higher

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassfarmer would you give it a rest already!!! Sadie those are a nice looking bunch of heifers,i'm curious to see what they sell for,i don't think a $1000 will buy them.

Comment

Something unexpected (like BSE) coming along might make bred heifers worth only $850 in the fall---This I copied and pasted from your previous thread gf.

This lesson I learnt very well and it wasn't BSE. I had my cattle in the market and they sold the moring of the 9/11 Terrorist attach on the American Trade centre. Immediately the whole market shut down and the sale stopped. Those that had cattle that hadn't sold got trucks and hauled them home again.

At that time I had smaller numbers and was in the process of expanding my cow-herd. At that time I thought having the cross cow and bred with the terminal (char) to produce the "buckskin" or "yellow's was the trend in tha industry.

It is then and the years after during the BSE years that I made a decision to not sell all offspring into the Feeder cattle market. Set up a program so that your females have value and sell into the spring grass market as well.

BSE hit and now the demand for the "breeding heifer market" has been working for me. You have to plan ahead in this cattle business because of the life cycle of the bovine animal. I have split my sales of animals and that has given me protection and a balance so far.

The cattle business although we have to remain "guarded" is one of optimism and that is a good thing also. It keeps alot of us going forward.

Comment

Kato

Great Mildred. What is that profit going to do for your agristability?

Now you and your hubby have to learn how to do this in "volume" nos.

Comment

Sadie don't worry about the uptight folks here on Gangriville. They gist jealous yer makin all the money in the Cow Business. Keep posting pics of yer nice looking cattle. Most here enjoy them. Almost fergot yous taggin right in the sweet spot, keep up the good work feeding the ungrateful masses.....

Comment

Let's see if we can get under grassfarmers skin a little more. Come on out to Olds Alberta or log in on the team auction system and buy some dern good bulls tomorrow at our bull sale....

Comment

gosh dern it --- my photo upload didn't work. Oh well. Go to www.teamauctionsales.com and you can see pictures of all the bullies.

Comment

Good luck at your bull sale Randy,you shouldn't need it though,because good cattle always sell themselves for a premium.

Comment

Randy... use the html code, not the img code. It will work.

Comment

<a href="http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb286/rkaiser_photo/?action=view&current=6732_KaiserDVW9U.jpg& quot; target="_blank"></a>

Comment

ooooh that's big...LOL

Comment

He's a looker!

Comment

Certainly has the nuts!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...