• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take away the transfer payments from Alberta, and Quebec would not be singing the same tune.

I think that we should just make a random draw from the pool of adults over 25 in Canada, like being on jury duty; you get picked and you become the MP for the region you live in. Could we really do any worse?

Harper has increased spending in the military by over 50%.... sent our troops into Libya without consulting Parliment, and while there is NO SITTING GOVERNMENT in Canada...

Apparently, Harper and Obama decided (ha ha) to let the world know that they are "officially" working for the UN, not their own people. Why have Parliment or Congress at all - when these JAs are doing whatever they want willy-nilly. Apparently our militaries are the New World Order police force. Never ending war/conflict is the agenda, until it bleeds every first world country dry.

Comment

"not their own people"

That's it, in a nutshell.

The basic philosophy that a government is supposed to be there to support the interests of the people who elect is has been lost completely. We get lots of spin and lip service, and governmental self congratulations, but it's all smoke and mirrors.

How dumb do they all think we are, when they save up spending that should be considered part of the every day running of the country, and then start writing cheques like they just invented money? And follow that up with an election? That they say they didn't see coming? duuhhhh....

Are we supposed to be impressed that funding approved a long time ago, and badly needed at the time was witheld until the spin doctors said the time was right to get political mileage out of it?

And the worst part is, the parties are all the same. And there is no viable alternative. So we need to buy ourselves some time until someone capable shows up by re-electing the same parties, in the same proportions one more time. Keep a minority government. It's the only way to keep the government, no matter which party it is, responsible.

Either that, or we elect Charlie Sheen.

Comment

GF there are no doubt rats in every ship. There are lots on my side but that doesn't make me give the other side a free pass. I was only half kidding by suggesting that you locate in Quebec. It wouldn't be pretty. We Alberta rednecks tolerate you and others like you. They wouldn't. If that kind of thinking appeals to you so be it but don't expect to convert many of us. HT

Comment

Duceppe is a great player....he's just playing for the wrong team! We are envious ;-)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...