• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLAs to "explain" Bills at Rolly View

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But careful, don't blow all your ammunition on the politicians, when it's the civil servants (ya right - not very civil nor servants) are ones really in control.
    They just love their “below the horizon” position. We should spend some of the Heritage Trust Fund on their severance and give them a office with glass windows and hand crank phones.

Comment

Just got back from Edmonton, heard from Jack Hayden today. He bristled when challenged on bill 36. Said it was meant for the new province wide zone planning only, was actually less restrictive than municipal powers and annexation powers in place now, on and on.
      I don't think they see the real problem. It's like leaving a loaded gun on the table, for any government, now or in the future, to use or abuse. They can get things done without that kind of excess legislation. It's great to see the response and real democracy in action.

Comment

This government doesn't have the will to tackle the civil servant issue. The only hope is a new set of politicians. It would otherwise take a different type of effort.

Comment

Folks you have not had a 'taste' of what these bills can do. Believe me when I say that after having dealt with the Alta Link bunch and their complete arrogance--we need to stand in the streets and protest (like Egypt) and make this government, the bureaucrats and these bills go far, far away. When A.L. was asked to answer to questions about our land and where we would live when they put a high voltage line directly over our homes--they said 'we'll buy you out. Our consultants will set a price'. They were so cavalier about it--i.e. it was their way or the highway.

This government is a total mess and it is of their own making--time for some fresh air in Edmonton and some young, fresh faces and these old 40-years-in-power cronies need to hit the road, taking their million dollar payouts with them.

Now is not the time to be complacent. Now is the time to stand up and tell them we are mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore!

Comment

Glad to see that another person has seen the light.

Give 'em heck sagewood and talk to your neighbours and educate them as well.

Comment

Hear, hear.

Comment

We need to direct alot of the attention (re:Land Stewardship Act, in particular), onto the scum-bag Ted Morton. How do you think things will progress with HIM as the new Premier of Alberta?

Turning the other MLAs against him is a must. Ted Morton was the originator and Legislative presenter of Bill 36. God help us all if he wins the PC party leadership vote, and the PC's form the next AB government.

Comment

Exactly Kathy, we will just let the fox into the hen house if Morton gets in--he has visions of his own importance and tends to believe his own press releases! To that end, in the mail today was a petition from the Wild Rose people for the Legislative Assembly to have these hideous bills repealed and to restore property rights to the landowners of Alberta. I do believe I will be seeking signatures for the copy they sent to me--for sure my name is going to be at the top of the list.

These Bills will give any future government the right to build any self-aggrandizing bit of infrastructure that they see fit to award to their cronies and it will be on the backs of the landowners and then subsequently the cost down loaded to the taxpayers. We will then be fully into a state of full-blown "Alberta Disadvantage".

Comment

Maybe a one way ticket for TMorton back to his American homeland (Los Angles)

Comment

The Conservatives will make this very easy for us. If they elect Tom Morton as their new leader, easy... they are the out of touch bunch we thought they were. Vote em out. If on the other hand, they bring in someone fresh, with new ideas and a zest for change and promising a whole new way of doing things, well...vote em out anyways, but at least think about it for half a second.

Comment

The meeting. Could someone please give a report?

Comment

Report? Anyone? Did anyone attend the meeting?

As for PC, I agree that some new young faces are required for the PC party to ever gain back any repsect. I think if Doug Griffiths won the leadership it could be the best thing ever to happen to that party. He has alot of great ideas for agric and the enviro, and just might have the support to make them happen.

Comment

Didn't attend but here is a media report plus video from the event.

http://www.pipestoneflyer.ca/Article.asp?id=433

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...