• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem we should pay attention to....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem we should pay attention to....

Harry Siemens had a link to this article on his site, and it's a good one.

Here's the link

http://beefmagazine.com/cowcalfweekly/1224-forget-politically-correct-morally/

It poses some questions and suggestions that we all need to think about and do something about.

After reading SADIE'S post, I checked out that CART site and read some of the results of the hearings. There's lots of reading there, that's for sure.

http://cart-crac.gc.ca/CART-CRAC/display-afficher.do?id=1274223901000&lang=eng#a2010

Some of these decisions ring true with the information in the article I posted the link to.

How many people are aware that if a cow gets into a compartment in a truck with a calf, that's good for sixteen hundred dollars in fines? I was not aware of it. It's the result of the first case on the list, which was a government appeal of a decision made the year before.

This is scary stuff. Where's the line drawn? Can a bull ride with cows? Can a 700 pound calf ride with a 900 pound cow? Can a two hundred pound calf ride with his bigger four hundred pound brothers? Who decides? Over the past thirty five years we've never seen an animal get hurt in a truck by a bigger animal. Common sense dictates that cattle can't be crowded, and that they need to be hauled in a safe way, but sixteen hundred dollars is pretty steep for a case where the cow was with the calves for about five minutes, and the trailer wasn't even on the road.

This is one of the results of the silent agenda of control and regulation of agriculture which is becoming more prevalent all the time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...