• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to Buy some Gov. Land?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to Buy some Gov. Land?

SRD is selling 450 quarter's of land up here from Starting in January finishing in August The land ranges from heavy bush to native grass land. The reserve price is 35 to 45K per quarter. No road access to most of it...clear your own. Open land here worth $1000/acre

Just did the math on the projected acres more like 575 quarters

Comment

Funny how we should have to buy "their" land when they have just given themselves the right to take our land.

Comment

Do you know what, if any, restrictions on ownership
        are in place? Can foreign corporations buy these?

What a sweet deal for the Alberta government, huh.
        Sell you the land, then take it away without
        compensation.....

Well its for the 'public good', right.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame
        on you.

Comment

We are fortunage to not have any oil and gas in this area. I do not know if corporations are excluded from bidding. I really don't think the county would allow that...they have been down that road already. The land I want is slightly acidic and has mostly grass & willow growing on it...likely not worth logging anywhere. Hopefully I can pick up 4 to 6 quarters in a block touching up against what I already have. After years of saying wetter land can't be sold and land that neads to be logged can't be sold they have opened the flood gates. I have waited 8 years for this sale. They plan to sell one quarter here then another one over there to try and keep the big farmers from buying up big blocks...at the countys request.

Comment

Is there a list of the lands for sale on the web somewhere?

Comment

If only I had a potato planter...

Comment

Where is this land located?

Comment

The potato ground certainly has made me ponder the subject. One of my biases is not breaking up native prairie as it can't be put back the way it was. I assume we are talking about ground now that is bush and swamp etc north of 16 or west of Drayton??? Would that be better for the province to be in private or public hands?

My experience with this type of land is if it is left alone it would revert back to its original state, IE trees, bush, grass etc. (I could be wrong) SRD makes a few $ toward the government coffers in lease payments. A well looked after farm or ranch could conceivably pay the coffers more in taxes.

This might be a case where the Government liquidates assets that in the long run is better for both the economy and not worse for the ecology. Without digging deeper it actually might be the right thing to do.

Comment

not listed on a gov website. Land sale is in Mackenzie county, Fort vermilion La Crete area's

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...