• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback on squeeze chutes.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on squeeze chutes.

Hi guys...I am new here.

What brand of squeeze chute do you guys like? I've looked at all brands and can't decide. Looking for something to handle anything from yearlings to older bulls. Thanks for your ideas.

I have a new Morand crowding tub and alley secion and a 2 year old squeeze with neck extender bought through the verified beef production program. I am happy with both.

I plan to get another couple alley sections and then put pour a cement pad for everything to sit on. My system will then be given a wash down after each summer use.

The squeeze is built heavy the tub seems to be heavy enough.

Morand could do a better job painting some of their stuff watch when u pick it up...thats my only complaint.

www.morandindustries.com

Comment

I just bought a Tuff Squeeze chute on Wednesday. Had never seen one in person, only from pictures and descriptions. Very impressed with the quality. Not a terribly expensive chute, but has all of the options that the pricier chutes have like brisket bars and bi-fold back gates. And to add to an earlier thread, it is a much better chute than a Real. Only chute I would take over it would be a Stampede Steel.

Comment

We have been pricing out replacement
        facilities and I am not sure I can build
        for what some of the stuff costs.
        We have been looking at the northstar
        stuff. Their squeeze is very solid.
        Also, we are looking at their double
        alley.
        We have a REAL portable tub and alley
        and it is OK for what it is for, but it
        is not a pleasure to work cattle in like
        our old worn out facilities.
        If you don't mind me asking 15444, what
        does a Tuff chute retail for?

Comment

The Tuff chute runs $4312.00 at point of manufacture in Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, MB.
          I bought through a dealer in Vita, MB for $4437.50. He is their newest dealer and is a custom welder on the side. Talking to him, he thought about making his own squeezes, but after pricing them out, he decided he was money ahead to be a dealer.

I took a look at a lot of the handling pieces he had on hand. If the local market in NW Ontario wasn't so saturated with Real equipment, I would be the local dealer for Tuff. They continually claim they are more 'in-tune' with what the rancher wants, and after giving their stuff a thorough inspection, I believe them.

Comment

I have a Northstar portable system from 4 year ago with chute, 16' alley and tub. Liked the chute, operating from the rear is nice and I like the "kick" pipe for AIing when needed. Takes awhile to get used to....during weigh in for 4-H, some "others" have trouble because they are not used to the system.
            Alleyway is good, a little narrow (chute as well)for large bulls. Just use the tub if needed. Think some of these systems are design in US where cattle tend to be smalller.
            I have my weigh scale in the alley so they have to step up onto it, should have bought seperate chute, alley and had weigh scale under chute and probably would not have a tub, more of a holding pen a let file by into alley, especially by bringing them in at that same end as they exit. (Kinda Bud box) Like the idea of a double alley weigh, but really don't handle enough critters at a time to make it worth while.
            As a side note, this system has 5ft walls and the walkway on the side. Would rather have a 4ft wall and no walkway, especially as one gets older ;-0
            Would sell my single portable unit, but would most likely buy Northstar weperate units......especially since it stays in one spot.

Comment

When I was up in Canada at your big trade shows the best livestock system that I ever saw was the Somerville crowd tub and alley..made in Alberta as I recall. It was really well built and about half the price of similar equipment here. The hydraulic squeeze chute was fine for a cow calf operation that had big cattle. I was always looking for something here at that price, but never have found anything. My older wooden and pipe system needs replacing really bad.
              Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to my Canadian friends.

Comment

The only chute to buy is a Stampede Steel chute made in Alberta. The only drawback is the neck extender. The one on the morand chute is better,but the morand chute is not a parrallel sided squeeze. As for a maternity pen Morand has them all beaten. When it comes to buying a sqeeze, buy pounds of steel..

Comment

Maybe if the USA didn't torture Canadian's we could be friends.

GodlovestheUSA hardly

God is sending the usa into bankruptcy to reduce it's army.

I am sorry but the usa has very little to be proud of right now.

Comment

Thanks for the greetings USA and may you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and here is hoping for a prosperous New Year for all!

Comment

Why the fighting words AF? Are you ready to back them up?

Comment

Maybe he remembers the last time someone calling himself "GodLovestheUSA" used to post on here - it was a bunch of pro R-CALF anti Canadian hatred.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the thoughts.

Comment

>

Comment

I wanted to add to my earlier comments. After reviewing the features of the self-catch Stampede Steel chute, I would rate the Tuff squeeze as an even better chute. The only advantage with a SS squeeze is that you can control the headgate from the back of the squeeze. Both systems use a bi-fold back door, but the Tuff bi-fold door can be controlled either by hand OR with a rope and pulley system (which is far easier).

Also to note, upon further review, is that Sioux Steel in South Dakota also markets these exact same chutes under their name (they are the manufacturer for Tuff USA.)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...