• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a read of this

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a read of this

I've been involved in an interesting discussion over on the commodity board about Bill 36 even although (as usual) the post started about the CWB. The post is entitled "Canadian ChoicesWheat Letter - December 2, 2010" and it gets interesting near the end.
    It seems Bill 36 was developed by the Government in consultation with landowning groups - ABP were involved for example. But some of these anti-wheat board types are on there defending the act they helped develop - it's all about saving wetlands according to them. It's unbelievable that folks could be so deceived or so unaware of what is really going on. It seems our job to convince landowners to fight this just got a little harder - when you realise there are cwb bashing farmers who are actively behind this legislation. The irony is lost on them that the mantras of the cwb "enslaving them, stealing their crops, forced regulation" etc are mild compared to what they are supporting with Bill 36.

You are right that many groups were consulted on the development of bill 36. But to blame the groups that participated in good faith for a bill that only followed the agenda of the author and not the comments from the groups involved is incorrect. Minister Morton at the time had his own paradigm and no amount of consultation was going the sway his or the Alberta Governments agenda.

The unfortunate fact that some can't see that for what it is and not what is should have been is unfortunate. I still think there is more ground swell of support to make a change to come. Every group that I have had involvement in that consulted on this is not happy about the outcome. Most are actively seeking change.

Comment

Per, I'm not blaming people for being involved in the consultation - just the ones that are actively supporting the PC cabinets resulting land grab whether through ignorance of what the act contains, having their own heads in the trough or through misguided allegiance to the PCs on account of them uttering favorable noises about the destruction of the CWB.

Comment

GF, I finally found the thread on the Commodity page. Your argument is right on the money. I seldom click on a CWB related topic. The cartoon video was very well done.

Comment

Frederick Lee Morton - otherwise known as "Ted Morton". Here is some background on him from wikipedia:

"Frederick Lee (Ted) Morton (born March 28, 1949 in Los Angeles, California, United States)....

Early Life

In 1952, Morton moved with his parents to Casper, Wyoming, where his father, Warren A. Morton (1924–2002), worked in the oil and natural gas exploration business and was the **Republican Speaker of the Wyoming House of Representatives from 1979-1980[1] and his party's gubernatorial nominee in 1982.

Morton's mother, Katharine Allen Morton (born 1926), was the daughter of former U.S. Representative Robert G. Allen, a Democrat from western Pennsylvania. Morton moved to Canada in 1981. In 1991, Morton and his wife, Patricia, became Canadian citizens."

Perhaps Morton moved to Alberta to carry out this agenda of conservationism:

"Wildlands Network. http://www.twp.org/
          The mission of Wildlands Network is to ensure a healthy future for nature and people in North America by scientifically and strategically connecting networks of people restoring and protecting networks of wildlands."

Comment

Is he a Canadian citizen yet?

Comment

Yep, according to that since 1991 ;o)

Comment

Got a 45 page glossy "Landowner Journal" in the mail last night from CAEPLA, a landowners assn.
                WWW.CAEPLA.org.
                Presents the risks and history fairly well. Expect if I got one everone else will too.

Comment

greybeard----where do you live. I stopped at the Regina CAEPLA office on Tuesday and picked up mine. Was told by President and CEO that Northern BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan (along the pipeline corridor running diagonally across that provine and then an L Shape of Saskatchewan---the west side of Sask and across the southern province into Estevan Weyburn Kipling area.

Manitoba only along the Enbridge pipeline corridor at this time.

To ensure a direct mailout encourage an annual membership fee in CAEPLA.

www.Caepla.org you can download that 45 page off the Net. The last four radio talk ads that have been run can now be listened to off this web site.

Alot of time, work goes into writing and the editing of articles. The cost of production and mailout is huge. CAEPLA needs memberships from across Canada to keep writing.

CAEPLA comes into each and any province and works along side landowners with them and together everyone gains more knowledge about their property rights.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...