• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten little countries.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten little countries.....

Cruising around the net, and decided to see what life is like for cattle producers in Quebec. The answer? Not too bad at all. Check this out and see what you think about it.

http://www.bovin.qc.ca/en/our_concerns/financial_risk_management/stabilization_insurance.php

If you click the link to La Financiere agricole, which is the government website, there's more info, but interestingly, the charts that explain what the recent payouts have been are in French only.

Apparently, cost of production is covered. It would be very interesting to see exactly what is considered cost of production, and support levels, and see if anyone outside Quebec even comes close. Anyone reading this from Quebec? Please fill us in.

I'm not complaining about Quebec producers getting assistance. Far from it. I say good for them. What I'd like to know is what are we doing differently that makes us less deserving of the same treatment?

And how much Federal money is contributed to this?

Quite simple kato - Quebec gets the same kind of deal out of Canada that France gets out of the EU - the best deal possible. They get it because they are politically aware, politically active, prepared to work collectively and prepared to demonstrate publicly if things aren't going their own way.
    I used to hate the French in the EU - when they routinely set fire to trucks hauling Scottish lamb to Paris and all their other antics but you know I've developed a kind of admiration for them now. Their system maintains the family farm, local food and sustainable agriculture better than almost any country I know. Quebec seems to mirror fairly well what the motherland does.

Comment

Look at France's & the EU debt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt

The French likely wish they were us.

Comment

don't check out Qu too close. It will ruin your day. That’s why the CWB only functions this side of ON. My son-in-law said his uncle consistently gets considerable more for his wheat raised in On. than in the west.

Plus ag in Qub. is subsidized at enormous levels.

Comment

Plus in Quebec there is only one farm organization and membership is compulsary in order to farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...