• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ayn Rand and Bill 50

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ayn Rand and Bill 50

I've got to thank parsley over on the commodity board for the quote I re-post below from Ayn Rand - it fits so perfectly the situation in Alberta surrounding Bill 50. Rarely if ever in a free country has such dangerous legislation been drafted and passed with hardly an eyelid batted by the masses, the media and politicians at every level. Only in a dictatorship would you expect the Government to permit it's ministers to override, abolish and circumvent all existing legislation and laws and then remove the citizens right to go to court to challenge these rulings.
    As November 11th approaches it's time to reflect on the price paid for our freedom and whether we should now casually give up those very freedoms.

"The greatest guilt of today is that of people who accept collectivism by moral default; the people who seek protection from the necessity of taking a stand, by refusing to admit to themselves the nature of that which they are accepting; the people who support plans specifically designed to achieve serfdom, but hide behind the empty assertion that they are lovers of freedom, with no concrete meaning attached to the word; the people who believe that the content of ideas need not be examined, that principles need not be defined, and that facts can be eliminated by keeping one's eyes shut. They expect, when they find themselves in a world of bloody ruins and concentration camps, to escape moral responsibility by wailing: "But I didn't mean this!"

— Ayn Rand

Oops got my numbers mixed up - I meant Bill 36 which adds onto the previous Bill 19 and Bill 50 changes.

Comment

I also researched Ms. Rand a bit because of Parsley. Interesting personality with lots of prophetic relevant thoughts to quote.

Comment

Grassfarmer, don't forget the neandrathal legislation called our new "Alberta Animal Health Act".

Soon enough, the government will declare we do not own the land, we merely reside on these premises, which they can deny us "license" to upon circumstances of their making, including actions taken under the new Land Stewardship act.

All these legislative manuevers tie into one and other, including the up and coming legislation on water rights.
        Hope to see you all in Camrose on the 22nd of November, to listen to lawyer "Keith Wilson" give his opinion on these already passed bills. Chow!

Comment

Kathy---Mentioned under another thread. Keith Wilson (Lawyer) has been working with CAEPLA for the last year. One of the most respected legal figures in Canada on Property Rights.

Keith Wilson has written some articles now on the www.CAEPLA Blog.

Already committed to Regina sorry I cannot make the Camrose meeting. Nov 7 2007 the CAEPLA movement was guest speakers at the Alberta Surface RIghts meeting in Camrose. The huge SAPL/MPLA ENBRIDGE negotiated settlement agreement was just 2 weeks old. MPLA (Manitoba) represented 183 landowners and SAPL (Sask) represented 270 landowners-----------the power of landowners as one body vs an energy company was huge. Many firsts in Canadian history were reached. That settlement agreement has no confidentiality signed so it is out there as a benchmark for other negotiations going forward.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...