• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Beef Producer Meetings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta Beef Producer Meetings

For anyone interested the ABP fall local meetings start tonight at Pollockville, Sundre, and Camrose. Go to albertabeef.org for the rest of the meetings.
    We all have a right to participate in these meetings, make our views known, and propose resolutions. I would encourage anyone with a strong commitment to the beef cattle industry to do so. I know ABP is not perfect but it carries a lot of weight with or without your input. If you can't be bothered to offer direction then you shouldn't be criticizing later. HT

You are still allowed to criticize later if the organisation refuses to follow or accept your directions though.

Comment

You can always ask for your money back...

Comment

Well some of it...

Comment

Thoughts on the meetings last night? I will be in Longview tonight and Milo next Tuesday. Please introduce yourselves to me if you happen to be at either of those meetings.

Comment

"ABP is not perfect but it carries a lot of weight with or without your input" I still maintain that a good idea is a good idea, and if you can't convince the majority of your peers that it IS a good idea, then obviously it ISN'T.

Comment

Hey loric. Don't know why we cattle folk are SO not into it on agriville. Apparently no interest. The P'ville ABP meeting was true to that form. Not much bitchin' and complaining or anything. Ryder Lee represented the CCA really well and that's about it. HT

Comment

This would be the first year in my career that I have missed the fall meetings because of conflicts with other meetings. How was the Longview turnout?

Comment

they follow their ancient script

Comment

Per - Longview was okay. A few questions raised on the EU and traceability.

I haven't heard yet how the meetings went last night.

Comment

Who is coming to the Minburn meeting from
                      ABP/CCA?

Comment

I don't see anyone down for Minburn other than delegates. Rich Smith, ABP Executive Director will be in Vilna though.

Comment

The Minburn meeting was OK. Barry
                          Yaremcio was the speaker on feeding cows
                          low cost forages and issues arising from
                          this strange year. He was quite good
                          (as usual) and had lots of info.
                          One resolution that passed with flying
                          colours was to stop the sale of public
                          lands to private corporations. This was
                          brought on by the secret potato deal on
                          100 quarters of native range in Alberta.
                          It certainly opened a variety of views
                          on land ethic out there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...