• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vers 4400 Swather Engine Troubles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vers 4400 Swather Engine Troubles

Good day all,
    If anyone has some knowledge/experience with the Ford Inline 6 in these Versatile 4400 Swathers, I'd sure appreciate some help. I've got 200 acres of swath grazing to cut and I've been working on this swather all morning to no avail.

I've got fuel, but no spark. Tried arking a spark plug to the block while turning the engine over and there's nothing. Tried a different spark plug - still nothing. I have no experience with points and such in the distributor cap, and I do not think my chances are good of finding another dist. cap like this one to replace it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    PC.

PC. You've got to get spark and to do that the points will have to be checked and ground and set etc. There are still a few of us who can do it around so find somebody and pay attention!! HT

Comment

That machine has a 200 ford industrial motor. When I worked for New Holland we used to buy engine parts at Bumper to Bumper and resell them. I would try changing the condensor under the distributor cap that would be something easy & inexpensive to try.

Comment

it also has a ballast resistor ( a ceramic
        dohickey with a spade terminal at each end
        about 6" long). it should have 12v at one
        end and 9v at the other.

Comment

I have a 4400 too. It is the same engine that was put in the old Ford Mustangs so parts are available that way.

Your post is 6 days old so hope you got it going by now. Checking condenser and ballast resistor is good advice. Have you checked to see if you have 12 V power to the coil with the key on? Good luck. I can provide specs on points, timing, dwell if you require it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...