• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay swath inverters NH 144 & the like

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay swath inverters NH 144 & the like

We are considering a swath inverter for next year Is the New Holland 144 a good machine?

I took time to google the 144 New Holland tonight on the net. We have a New Holland dealership in Outlook an irrigation area. I don't know how many they sell. The older series seemed to have too many moving parts if you were inverting alfala hay and trying to prevent the loosing leaf.

The demo shows that this 144 can handle alot of swath.

It appears that there is more of the MATADOR inverters in this area. I like mine bought 8-9 years ago now. It is made in Swift Current and I occasionally see them for sale in the W. Producer. Moving parts are just the pick up that throws the swath across rolers onto a curved hard plastic puckboard material. I have used mine on inverting lentils one year also.

If/when you are on a grass type hay---mine situation was italian & annual hay this swath has to be turned (irrigation) there are times that the fine italian grass gets in the pickup teeth and causes some fun.

Just to give your thread a little perspective.

Comment

I don't know much about them, having never used one, but I have custom baled hay behind them and did not like the way the hay was lumped in the row. Made for poor pickup feeding in high moisture hay for wrapping.

The farmer for whom I baled hay did say that he would not buy a ground drive unit again. But that was a couple of years ago and maybe there are no ground drives units out there anymore.

Not much to offer other than that but, FWIW.

Comment

Thanks I see a NH144 on Ironsearch with dual wheels makes me wonder. I will check out the Swift Current model Thanks

Comment

We bought one used about 10 years ago. Quit using it 8 years ago. Won't even sell it to some other poor sucker, it's rusting in the fence line.
          Wasn't TOO bad in a very light crop but would plug easily in first crop, even when we still had a 9' haybine. Also very finicky maintenance wise.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...