• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aginvest notices coming...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aginvest notices coming...

Big news story today about how the 2009 Aginvest notices are coming soon. Whoop-di-do. How about sending out the 2008 notices first? Even after pestering on the phone, we haven't seen hide nor hair of ours yet.

If we ran our farms the way they manage our so called safety net programs, we'd all be living in cardboard boxes in a ditch somewhere.

For us, there are hard and fast rules, and interest and penalties charged if we're late.

For whoever is in charge of the AGgravation program, there are only suggestions and vague hints that some day someone might perhaps sit down at a desk and do something. Maybe... if it doesn't interfere with coffee break or a personal day or a six week summer holiday.

End of rant. Now I can go make some raspberry jam...

I thought it was your Agri-Stability notices you weren't getting not your Agri-Invest? We got our 2008 Agri-Invest notice around February this year, paid into it then withdrew the lot - got the cheques in May/June. Maybe things are different in MB?

Comment

No, It's also agri-invest. I've phoned more than once, and all they could tell me about the 2008 year was to just be careful to read it well when it comes and not confuse it with the 2009 notice, because for 2009 you need to set up the bank account.

Now how efficient is that?

As for agstability, they haven't opened that file up yet either. So basically we're up to date on our 2007 aginvest, and 2008 agstability.

And this is why I call it the Aggravation program. Yup, you can take that to the bank.

Some day.

Maybe.

Comment

Not sure if someone should take it to the bank at all. On daily basis almost, people are having to pay back what little they might get 2 years after the fact, go to appeal for years, denied the program because of missed confusing deadlines, penalized, the program represents the mindset of the agministers and in this case it's scrambled eggs, thanks to the nerds not farmers that are in control of making these programs.
        I really thought the conservatives and sk party stood for not believing in bureacratic bullshit, but they have done even more harm to the already crappy program not to mention are in full speed mode trying to convey to the urban people how they are helping farmers and the money is showing up to farmers mailbox daily, just adding to the urban rural divide that they want to see. If we could actually show how screwed up this program is even the city people would want it gone. Need the auditor general to look in to it it's to the point that it is disfunctional at best.

Comment

That's a good idea. I think the government is quite happy to let this all bog down into uselessness, because it's a win win situation. They can still go to the public and spin how much help they're giving agriculture, while not having to actually do it.

What does it take to get Western Canada to finally realize that the Conservative government is not what it used to be?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...