• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bee Market Update - Has the Cattle Price Topped - Anne Dunford

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bee Market Update - Has the Cattle Price Topped - Anne Dunford

>

Try this one because it is a smaller file.

>

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks U2.

Comment

Interesting post shaney
        I don't understand the details of the new fed cattle program but my understanding is that the cattle can be sold on a given day and then delivered at a later time depending on slaughter availability. As Anne had stated that the packers had been building inventory, is it possible that much of this inventory was sold on the high and is now being slaughtered at their leisure and taking advantage of the price spread or "double dipping" or is it merely coincidence and I am being trapped by the "conspiracy theory" Is it possible to find out who was able to take advantage of this short spike?

Comment

Sawbones, Forward buying has become a real issue for the feeder. Selling on the cash market today to have them killed in 3 - four weeks can be a real headache depending on your feeding program. One place that this leads to is discounts that are more attributed to when the cattle were lifted compared to your feeding practices.

In terms of the feeder, packer and retailer margins lately I am not informed enough to start commenting. NExt week when I talk to Anne I will try and remember to get an update on the margin battle in the chain.

Comment

Margins can mean different things to different segments of the industry.

It will be important to note the length of time each interest holds the product to make any meaningful comparison.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...