• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally our turn

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally our turn

Inch and 8 tens out here west of Ponoka. First wet for us this year. After a wonderful warm spring and this big rain we could have cows on grass earlier than I have seen in years. WOW

Good things happen to those who wait.

Comment

Seems to have been quite unevenly distributed - we got 1 and a quarter inches, Winfield only got 8/10ths. It's a nice start but still leaves our deficit from normal around 8 inches maybe?
      I agree that the early warm up this spring has been a blessing, we are ahead already with the green growth in the banked grass - cows are already scouring on it and it's only April.
      Lets just hope the moisture keeps coming - we've enough problems without being in drought crisis management for another year.

Comment

We had a ton of rain and snow in High River (although I'm not sure of the exact amount). Talking with the family in Lloydminster and Saskatoon, it's been raining steady there as well. Hopefully everyone got a little of the moisture!

Comment

Good for you rkaiser....Just south of the border here we're on about our 3rd day of rain, snain, and snow-- and have picked up about 1.5 inches of moisture...
          I'm sure those north of us got pretty good moisture as most of this has been coming out of SK.

If the oldtimers "90 days after the fog brings moisture" holds true- this part of the country should end up with a very wet May and June...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...