• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Gold beef ?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Gold beef ?????

we seen on team aution in ab cattle purchased by canada gold.
    who are these boys in ab ? was told the shares are closed and cattle are fed for export to europe .
    why this small group of ab cattle people have federal aproval and not the rest of canadian cattle feeders
    are we not all under canadian federal
    grading law when it comes to export to
    any part of the county in the world

Any cattle feeder can meet European protocol agboy. Canada Gold is not being treated special. They are simply working with the rules that every feeder in Canada can follow. The difference with Canada Gold is that they are planning on marketing beef and not simply stopping at marketing cattle. We can all only hope that they have a packer to work with when the time comes to harvest these European carcass beasts. Cause once they do, others may follow and our captive supply market will start to fail for those who would much rather leave things just as they are.

If you or anybody else would like to start feeding cattle for the European market contact sawbones and his gang.

Comment

Its funny any time Canada Gold has been mentioned on here lately it has been in a negative manner. As far as I know any one of us can still sign up for their protocols and sell cattle into their program. If this group has the ambition and wherewithal to circumvent the packer monopoly and get their beef exported off this continent we all potentially gain. Good luck to them - I don't understand the hostility towards them unless it's coming from the packers or the packer backer organisations.

Comment

Agreed GF. Canada Gold did not happen
        to be the value chain we chose when we
        were investing up the chain, but they
        certainly have merit. They are not doing
        anything that anyone in the industry
        cannot do.
        I think Canada Gold is doing a pretty
        decent job, and they are another
        marketing outlet for cattle. We looked
        at EU compliance but at the time did not
        have a market to justify the added
        expense. It is not that hard to do
        though.

Comment

You might be surprised to learn Ag-boy that there are several value chain/value added beef businesses in Canada. Most of them private, some with one shareholder and others with many. Some feed and promote their products locally and some are moving product farther afield. As a primary producer you have several choices on how to participate. You could produce animals to any one of these outfits protocols or actually buy shares or start your own value chain. Canada Gold spent a year actively looking for participants and shareholders. Some stepped up to the plate and others did not. They still would like to deal with anyone that can meet their protocols. Every box of beef moved outside our country is important and if Canada Gold moves a few off the continent then it is good for everyone else as well. Ask around Ag-guy, I'll bet there is a chain you can anchor your boat with if you so desire. It seems to me it is better to jump in than to complain when someone else does.

Comment

They only take British breeds though, don't they?

Comment

Angus cross as far as I know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...