• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSE Class Action Suit.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSE Class Action Suit.

OK Randy, I'll take the plunge! ;-)

Things may have seemed quiet around here lately, but that's just an illusion.

Soon a petition will be available to circulate among cattle producers all over the country. Some good people have been grinding away at it, and it's in it's final stages of preparation. As soon as it's ready, let the games begin!

I was very surprised to to learn just how much red tape is involved in coming up with a petition that will be valid in parliament, but it will be worth the wait.

If it's done right, we will have petitions that will be brought to the floor in parliament, and that can not be ignored. The plan is to present a different petition to every single member of parliament, all at the same time. Pretty hard to ignore.

Anyone who's interested in having a copy to circulate in their area can email me at hello.iamkato@gmail.com

I would think that it would not take much effort to get a lot of signatures, especially once other producers are filled in on the details.

This is our one big chance to get some justice, and it would be a shame to let it pass us by.

Oh ya ---- things are gonna kick up now.

Next meeting with my MP is set for May 19th. The day before the anniversary day that this shitshow hit the fan.

Looking forward to the petition hiding in my breif case that day. smerk smerk

More information meetings being planned as well. Stay tuned agrivillians.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble, but a petition is never taken very serious by any business, or government. That is because how one reads and understands a petition varies among each person. A written letter signed by your name in the bottom, will always be answered by a business or by government. Good luck!!

Comment

I believe there is some truth in that smallguy. However signing their name on a petition is about the level of action or involvement most rural Albertans are comfortable with even if it is a matter that is crucially important to their future. But it needs someone to organize it, explain what it is about and point to the spot where the signature goes.
        Of course well written letters would be better but for the majority that just isn't going to happen. It certainly is not true that signed letters will always be answered by Government. I have written a number of letters to provincial and federal members of parliament and agriculture ministers at both levels often without reply. It is a lazy democracy we have in Canada and our politicians have grown arrogant on it.

Comment

smallguy, this isn't just a petition.

It's actually a co-ordinated effort to deliver 308 petitions, with as many signatures as we can possibly find. The plan is to deliver them all on the same day, to the offices of every single MP in this country.

One petition can be easily ignored. If every MP has one dropped on their desks at the same time, they will be very hard to ignore. There is a process by which, if a petition is written correctly, and the signatures collected in the proper way, that such petitions will make it all the way to the floor of the House of Commons.

This petition is being written very carefully, according to protocol, in such a way that the House is exactly where it will end up.

Oh, no, it's not just a petition. It's our best shot at justice. And we need every single person who's paid the price over the past seven years for the mismanagement of the BSE situation to get behind it and make their voices heard.

Comment

Beyond ----- setting up an information meeting in your neighborhood small guy. I am not a very big guy either and we had a really good meeting in Red Deer. Where do you live bud ---- you could ask Cam Pallett to come out and speak to all of your neighbors and friends and you could get the media to come. It's no problem..... even for a "small guy".

Comment

Question - there was alot of service industry that was affected as well. Can we sign the petition too?

Comment

This petition will be avalaible for every Canadian to sign. What we would love to see would be for at least one petition coming from every constituency in this fine country. Know anyone who would help us out in down town Montreal wd40?

Comment

Good job on the petition kato, thanks for your efforts.

Comment

The only ones I know in Towntown Montreal are mafia lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...