• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada Gold beef ?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Gold beef ?????

out there in south alberta canada, there is a new beefgrade starting up,
    cattle are fed only for shareholders.
    yes also talk of hormone free beef
    the rest of canada still use hormone,s !!!why can a small group of share holders can get this aproved federal,and go export to europe .
    this is not united canada what about the rest of us in western canada and whole canada
    like some coments on this new promotion of beef !!!! on tax payers dollars ????

What's the issue Jerry? Most value chains have shareholders, I imagine you could buy shares in Canada Gold today. There is no mandate in Canada to implant calves and nothing stopping anyone from running a hormone free program. Several other programs do. Also anyone can participate in the Certified Artificial CFIA Hormone Free program. Nothing ground breaking there except that Canada Gold appears to be trying to create a critical mass of such animals to meet a potential customers needs.

Not sure if I can give you a satisfactory answer on taxpayers money. I did look up the list of ALMA funding and found all sorts of places that money is going. It appears that Canada Gold as well as Prairie Heritage and several others were funded to go on the "Euro Smart Tour". Presumably to facilitate the opening of potential markets. Also interesting that the ABP and CCA received funding from ALMA for various projects.

Every box of beef that leaves this continent is a good thing. I would have thought that should be encouraged.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...