• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any rights for farmers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSE also stands for Bombay Stock Exchange, so all kinds of things India related pop up.

Comment

these guys that got over $1 million, how the hell could they have recieved that much? what kind of farmers are they? Or were they feedlots stealing cows at the auction for $50, and getting them put down?

Comment

This is an interesting list (although I am
        not on it). I believe the funding is the
        "set-Aside" program that was launched in
        2003. Remember the pink CCIA tags? Many
        producers tagged their replacement heifers
        on the program. It was designed to delay
        the flow of cattle to harvest. I believe
        it paid around $80 per head.

Comment

They paid $200 in Ontario. It was a good year for backgrounders that year.

Comment

This comes right off the web site, from a 5 page document. It is not just from one program.

It is from 6 different BSE programs, the average program payment was $18,000.

I find it interesting as well. A real eye opener.

Comment

It shows you what our industry really consists of though - thousands of family farms/ranches getting a few hundred, most under $2000 and then the giants - Lakeside Farm Industries $32.9 million, Cargill Foods $8.9 million, Nilsson Bros @$4.5 million. Remember how poorly the packers were doing in the market place - a glut of cheap cattle and once the border reopened to boxed cuts selling into the hottest US market ever.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...