• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Action Rally

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class Action Rally

Bringing it back to the top.

How's it going Randy? Are there going to be any TV media types there? Both Calgary and Edmonton stations are on cable, so if you hear about any planning on coming, give us a heads up eh?

Thanks for the reminder Kato. We'll be all over the TV thing in the next couple of days. The word is spreading well in Alberta now. Getting feedback when I don't expect it. Cattleman had a bit in the March issue to my surprise and more is coming every day.

Looks like we could reach or maybe exceed our numbers.

Whether you are behind this thing one hundred per cent or not, you are part of it (except for a couple of you). And no one can deny or ignore a chance to let everyone ---- everyone and especially the government know that the ranchers of this country are not going to lie down or go away.

Comment

Got the radio and TV and newspaper people primed up today with a few more calls; and more to follow. Heading out to a freindly gathering this evening where one of the speakers is making the announcement ---- again. It has spread pretty well everywhere and like I said is coming back.

Got really primed this aft when a fellow (wink) mentioned a meeting with the rural caucus for the fed PC party. I guess the MP's think this is just a lawyer money grab the farmers are not even behind it, --- and besides --- they say --- the government did nothing wrong...

I have personally invited my MP to come to the meeting and find out how much of that is true and how much is federal BS. Anyone else wan to invite their MP's or give me their phone numbers? I will invite them...

Comment

Heard a rumor today that ABP was going to use some of the checkoff dough to bus people to Red Deer to the infomation session.

You better watch out -- you better not cry --- you better not pout --- I'm tellin you why....

Cameron Pallet's comin --- to town.

Any body know where Neil Waugh ran off to. We are calling any and all media type folk to get this thing finished off right.

Any names or numbers would be awesome help.

Thanks

Randall

Comment

Gerry Ritz

North Battleford office
          Tel: 306-445-2004
          Fax: 306-445-0207

Ottawa office
          Tel: 613-995-7080
          Fax: 613-996-8472

Anybody else want a quick way to find an MP, go to

http://www.howdtheyvote.ca/members.php?s=13

Comment

Another awesome day on the phone. I imagine all of you have been encouraging poeple to come out as well. Or calling Cameron Pallette to see if you can take your names off the lawsuit.

It's just an information session folks.

Don't be scared...

Kato and I knoooowww that you are reading along.

Comment

Oh yes Kato ---- City TV has told me that they will be coming out and I have not been able to touch base with the right people at CBC and CTV yet but will have them next week. Had an awesome request tonight from the Polish Television network in Calgary to come. So if any of you are signed up to Polish TV --- check it out. Yes I am serious.

Comment

I married into a Polish family, and yes, they are good people! LOL We do get CBC and CTV though, so will keep an eye on them.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Heard you on the radio on the Friday noon
                  ag show RK. Good interview. If you are
                  not careful you will become a sought after
                  speaker...

Comment

Randy, you have mentioned MP's and rural
                    caucus but are you meaning rural caucus as
                    in Alberta MLA's ? Also have you sent any
                    info to AAMD C to have them fan it out to
                    all rural Alberta municipalities. Another
                    contact would be the AAAF ( Alberta
                    Association of Agricultural Fieldmen) they
                    have a pipeline to all the Ag Service Board
                    members in the Province.

Comment

How about getting as many opposition politicians as can be found? Educate them, show them that this is bigger than they think, and then set them loose in parliament so they can pound away at it there.

If they get the impression that the traditional Western Canadian Conservative voters are getting disgruntled, they will smell blood, and they see an opportunity.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am beyond disgruntled with our current government, and I bet I'm not alone. It's time this bunch were told that just because the West has always voted Conservative in the past, that doesn't mean the vote is secure.

We can use all the allies we can get.

Comment

coppertop --- Yes I was speaking of the federal rural caucus. I don't know if the provincial MLA's even know anything about this class action suit.

How about if you send the synopsis that Cam wrote along with the press release and an invitation to who ever you think would be interested. My phone and fax have been backed up for two weeks.

If we are going to make this the event that we all need. We all need to kick it up a notch as we only got a week and a half to go.

If you don't have copies of the press release and the synopsis. We'll post it again.

Thanks Coppertop.

Comment

Randy having the rural Alberta caucus aware
                          will never hurt, they are all looking for
                          votes in the next provincial election and
                          the cattle producers are their
                          constituents.

Comment

One caution on trying to leverage
                            support by turning the opposition loose.
                            I watch the Alberta question period
                            whenever possible and quite often the
                            opposition tries to make brownie points
                            by bringing up some agricultural related
                            issue on which they have not gotten
                            adequate or accurate information. Much
                            better to deal with the party in power
                            and use whatever means possible to get
                            their attention vs trying to make them
                            look foolish by using the opposition.
                            The old adage that you get more bees
                            with honey usually works with
                            politicians too.

Comment

I was thinking more federal opposition than provincial. I'm not sure what provincial politicans can do anyway, since it's out of their jurisdiction.

The Harper government, to my thinking has only responded to scares up to now, and pretty much ignores polite requests.

Election scares = response.

A bazillion polite requests from the likes of us = lip service.

They won't do anything unless it looks like power is in danger.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...