• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bingo!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bingo!

http://www.siemenssays.com/?p=23532&cpage=1#comment-5594

We've hit Manitoba. Harry Siemens carries a lot of weight in this province, and him picking this up will be a terrific boost.

In another bold move, I posted a link to this website. Maybe we'll get some fresh new faces on board and things can get rolling.

How cool is that?

http://www.atlanticfarmfocus.ca/index.cfm?sid=329755&sc=587

Comment

Keep it rolling folks. Hard to see why anyone reading this thread or simply knowing of the rally would not be spreading the word.

If nothing else ---- this will be the largest single day gathering of cattle producers in Canada --- ever. If you have a point to put across to media or industry comrades--- what better chance.

I would encourage everyone reading to make a call or two (or ten) a day inviting anyone and everyone to Red Deer March 31.

Talked with Alberta Dairy Council this afternoon and feeling pretty good about arms length support from ABP and ACFA. Talking with the auction markets including NB. Finding that it is not that hard to drop the past and the future to encourage people to stand together for just a couple of hours.

In case you have not read much on the BSE class action website -----

the claim is for

“All persons who as at May 20, 2003 were resident in Canada and farmed cattle including, but not limited to, cow-calf, backgrounder, purebred, veal, feedlot and dairy producers.

In this class definition ‘person’ means any individual, partnership, corporation, cooperative, trust, band farm or other association who as at May 20, 2003 was farming cattle within the meaning of the Income Tax Act.”

Comment

Mr. Siemens is keeping up the pressure.

http://www.siemenssays.com/?p=23576

My short attention span and dialup only let me hear the first bit of interview, but maybe someone here with highspeed will listen to the second part and tell me if it makes them as mad as I am after listening to the first one.

No wonder these guys have found themselves in court. Anyone who can hear this chunk of denial and avoidance and still think a lawsuit is not the way to go needs to think again.

Comment

"Talking with the auction markets including NB. Finding that it is not that hard to drop the past and the future to encourage people to stand together for just a couple of hours."

NB seem to be quite good at standing in line with their paws out when there is a handout to be had. I wonder how much of the $25 million "to support processing plants that handle cattle over 30 months of age" NB will be pocketing?
          Don't expect me to be standing with that outfit anytime soon Randy, we all know that if a payout were to come about they would be after not only their own share but that of every other beef producer as well.

Comment

You didn't miss much kato - the second piece was a waste of time also. The man is an imbecile, always was, always will be.
            Interesting comment on the end of the first piece that farmers debt to asset ratio is better now than it was five years ago, hmmm wonder if he could substantiate that with data?

Comment

The quickest way to improve your debt to asset ratio is to sell your cows and pay down your loans. There it is... all fixed. The other half of this is that once the cows are gone and the loans are paid off you may look prettier on paper, but where are you going to make your next paycheck? The thing that paid down the loan was the thing that earned the money. It's like selling your truck for gas money.

But he just doesn't get it.

Comment

Like I said GF, dropping the past and the future for just a couple of hours.

I am not defending NB and never will, but each and every dollar they take is money that we could also be taking if we backed a processing plant plan and took responsibility for ourselves.

Lots of room in the stockmans center GF and I doubt like hell if the big B from NB will come anyway. All I am attempting to do is get them to promote the thing at their auction barns which both of us know still attract a ton of producers. Producers that we need to come to Red Deer on the 31st.

Comment

http://thebadger.ca/2010/03/09/bse%e2%80%88case-ramping-up-for-trial-%e2%80%93-claims-bse-could-have-been-stopped/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...