• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

budget

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

budget

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty read the federal budget speech this afternoon in the House of Commons. Agriculture did not feature prominently in the budget, with only relatively minor expenditures being announced, including:

• Increased funding for the Slaughter Improvement Program by $10 million (pg. 98);
    • $40 million for technology development and commercialization for SRM removal under the Agri-flex program (pg. 98); and
    • $75 million over three years to support Canadian cattle processing plants (pg. 68).

Meanwhile, unlike the Feds, let us not forget a largely ignored bit of information from the February 17 StatsCan Cattle Statistics report:

"A total of 99,265 farms reported beef or dairy cattle on their operations as of January 1, 2010. This is the first time since data has been collected that the number of cattle farms has fallen below 100,000."

That would be 23,000 fewer Canadian farms reporting beef or dairy cattle on their operations than in the spring of 2003 before BSE hit.

There is a wise old saying that God helps those who help themselves. I look forward to the opportunity of chatting with you at the Stockmens Pavilion in Westerner Park, Red Deer at noon on Mrach 31st.

Pars. Farmers usually have a lower chance of prostrate problems due to the fact we
    are usually outside and can relieve our bladders the instance the urge hits. Truckers
    on the other hand have a higher chance because they hold and hold and hold and
    finally at some lonely crossroads they finally relieve themselves.

I hate the loose clothes while doing seat time and prefer tight pants. Less chaffing
    and whatnot.

Comment

Froim the Cancer Society's Statistics:

Percentage Distibution of Estimated New Cases and Deaths for Selected Cancers, Males, Canada, 2009 for Prostate is

New Cases 28.6%

Deaths 26.3%

Prostate cancer rates show large provincial differences.

25,500 new cases of prostate cancer in Canada in 2009

4,400 deaths in Canada in '09

NL 480
      PE 170
      NS 990
      NB 670
      QC 4600
      ONT 11,200
      MB 650
      SK 870
      AB 2900
      BC 3.000

Deaths
      NL 85
      PE 25
      NS 140
      NB 130
      QC 880
      ONT 1,650
      MB 180
      SK 230
      AB 440
      BC 560

1 in 7.4 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and 1/27 will die from it.

Comment

Sorry, The first group of numbers are the new cases of prostate cancer diagnosed in 09.

The sesond group of numbers are the deaths in 09.

By the way, women used to wear corsets so tight they constantly fainted.

So they moved on to tight girdles. They also severely restricted internal organs.

Japanese women were forced to have their feet bound. It severely deformed them.

Constriction equals damage. Think about it a moment.

Comment

Very nice of you to be concerned for our health Parsley.

However I would remind everyone that loose fiting and tatered clothing are very very dangerous when operating farm equip.

All in all, be safe and carefull out there.

Comment

Good point. I've got a neighbor who lost an arm at young age because loose coveral's got caught on a PTO shaft.

Comment

We'll be mraching down the street to see you on Mrach 31st.....

Comment

When I was little and taught Farm Safety Course and said never wear loose clothes when machine is around. Sad today they don't teach of that kind anymore to younger.

Comment

When I said loose bottoms, I didn't mean loose floppy pant cuffs.

I meant loose "bottoms"..as in sit on your bottoms. LOL Pars

Comment

Laxatives are also helpful in creating "loose" bottoms.

Comment

loose bottoms-commodity marketing=lol

Comment

Talking of safety, how many have a written safety program in place?
                        [URL="http://www.labour.gov.sk.ca/Default.aspx?DN=76f8d757-5583-45d6-9b75-ddcc6c46af86"] OH&S[/URL]

Comment

Just about every man gets prostate cancer. The only real concern is if it is too early and will kill you. As far as worrying about getting it? Don't. You're gonna get it.

Comment

grgsrvc,

We have family when combining that had a service warning go off in the combine... and couldn't figure out what the code was as it was not in the book!

Guess what it was...

The operator had not got up out of the operators seat for over 10 hours...

I do not think your trucker example holds much water...

<(>;{ GRIN!

Comment

I just pound back the Vitamin D.

I was told that tight pants make the girls swoon ;-) So I'll keep wearing them. They don't call me Mr.1980s for nothing. LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...