• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Sell or Not to Sell

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Sell or Not to Sell

Just wondering what a guy should do with his feeders. They are around 600-700 lbs. Anyone have any feelings what direction prices are heading?

The reports I am reading say that heavy grass cattle, 800 lbs will see some pressure, while very light grassers, 700 lbs and under will see heavy demand come April.

I am in the same boat. Prices can't get much worse than they are right now.

Comment

IMHO, if the moisture situation turns around in the west feeders to go to grass will go through the roof. Producers with spring optimism will pay anything to stock their pastures if the grass grows - even if they lose a pile of money on them come fall. It seems to be the nature of producers.

Comment

Had a look @ teamauctionsales.com & It looks to me as if cattle in that weight range have come up a little. At least with team they list actual sale prices & not sale companies can bullshit too. I am planning on selling mid march hoping to catch some of what Ann Dunford calls the spring grilling market. Sales volume at Nilson's & team have really picked up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...