• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enhanced traceability??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhanced traceability??

Are there any cattlemen out there who are concerned about the regulatory hell that the Alberta government seems determined to impose upon us? The mandatory aspects of age verification and livestock tracking are not at the request of industry groups so must originate with certain power, money, and control hungry interests. In Alberta we already have a very good livestock tracking system provided by LIS. The government proposal could be looked at as enhanced livestock tracking. I think it is as bad an idea as the enhanced feed ban was. The mandatory features of ALMS are a mistake, a hoax, and a bluff. If enough opposition is shown we can stare this thing down. Please make some noise.

The only way anything will change is if
    every cow/calf producer who opposes this
    regulatory burden contacts their MLA,
    writes letters to their local newspaper and
    inundates the Minister and Premier's office
    with letters.

Comment

To Coppertop. Guess we're the only ones out here. I replied to yours b4 I saw you'd replied to mine. Anyhow your situation shows that animal husbandry involves a lot more important things than book keeping.

Comment

I get pretty hot under the collar when the
        government would throw the book at a
        producer for not having a tag in an animal,
        and look the other way when they are
        advised that a producer is starving his
        cattle. By the way, these cattle that are
        starving have their RFID tags ~!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe someone should make a report that the cows aren't tagged, and the CCIA police can go out and check. Maybe they'll get something done about the hungry cows. (I wish we had those little rollie eyes smileys like on Ranchers, I'd put a bunch right here.)

As for the traceability thing, isn't it time the government put their money where their mouths are? So far cattle producers seem to be picking up all the costs for just about everything involved, and also seem to be not getting much in return. Who is all this red tape supposed to be benefiting? If they could honestly say it's for our benefit, and could honestly show where that benefit has come in the form of more income instead of just more costs, then OK.

Even though this ALMA stuff is supposed to be an Alberta thing, it's affecting those of us in other provinces, with even less return than you guys are getting.

Comment

apparently you haven't read my past postings on the illegal and pathetic nature of the livestock traceability measures, like premise ID. You two are certainly not alone. If this government hadn't conned and bribed the majority of producers with the AFRP II payment, to apply for their premise ID, they would have almost zero compliance.

As for the government asking us to apply for the premise ID number for our farms; we were told it was only for the home quarter --- wrong! Now they tell us we must register ALL our land under the premise ID and eventually track the animals around even within our own farms (for example, if your land is broken up in parcels - like ours with a highway dividing the two parcels.)

Actually the AB Government has already given a premise ID number to all existing cattle producers, and you can phone for it, without signing your name; but eventually, you will be asked to sign a form of some sort to "accept" the validity of this number as it applies to the land you own. A number is what they want, not a legal location ie: nw 01-02-03 W4M, this doesn't work in their global concentration camp computer system.

As for me, I will tell anyone who wants my premise ID number to phone the following AB gov. employee and he can tell it to them. I, do NOT accept it as my own. It is illegal, a form of licensing ranchers through "regulation" and it will never stand up in court, in my opinion.

So here is who you put all the pressure on with the AB gov:

Marshall Eliason
            Branch Head - Information Systems and Program Management
            Rural Water
            306 J. G. O' Donoghue Building
            7000 - 113 Street
            Edmonton AB, T6H 5T6

Phone: (780)427-4615
            Fax: (780)422-9745
            email: marshall.eliason@gov.ab.ca

This is the government employee who told me over a year ago, that he had/has been working on premise ID for over 3 years (ie: long before it was every a thought in any producers mind or producer organizations plan). Now, his title here, states he is with Rural Water; but, he was the man who gave my cousin his premise ID number over the phone, said "he had everyone's numbers there in front of him" (ie: pre-assigned).

Also, heads up: AB Agriculture is going to re-assess and design the manner in which WATER is licensed and distributed throughout Alberta (present review well underway with another webinar on January 13). Seems Marshall may be their little SS officer who follows his orders, because he told me "he's just doing his job".

PREMISE ID for the new global government order. ****** Legal land descriptions like NW 32 28-25-W4M Alberta Canada only apply to sovereign countries, and sovereignty has been on the dinner table of the global movers and shakers for a long time. Soon they will have devoured it and there will be absolutely no need to vote for our local representatives, or MPs.

It is a sad state of affairs, and we are walking willingly (for the most part) to our own demise.

Comment

This premise ID thing is going on in Manitoba too. If you want to apply for any program, you must register. We haven't done it yet.

In this province, if you want to apply for any grants or whatever, you must also give up any future carbon credits that would apply to those products, and turn them over to the provincial government. That little bit of information was buried deep in the fine print, and no one even knew about it until the MCPA let it be known. How's that for a kick in the pants? The province wants farmer's carbon credits so they can use them to apply them to the provincial carbon footprint.

Comment

Kato, please start a new thread with this information regarding the forfeiture of landowners carbon credits, when they participate in government programs/grants. This is incredibly IMPORTANT information which should be spread far and wide.

If you can, please try to post the names and links to the documents, quotes from them and any other pertinent information. It doesn't matter if its only in one province now, it will be in ALL the provinces soon enough.

All I can say is BINGO! Boy, you've nailed this one on the head. They really want what we have, the ability to sell carbon credits (although don't forget that you will be taxed for owning animals that fart and burp, for tractors that burn carbon based fuel, for electricity from coal, etc. etc.; by the time you add up all the taxes headed your way, you will need all the carbon credits you can get. Selling them will put you in a carbon sink deficit situation). It's all a scam anyway, but the game is in motion!

They want your carbon credits, they want your water, they want you taxes, and they want you to be completely and totally endentured to the government. We need to opt out of their programs and stand on our own two feet.

On Alex Jones radio program this AM (www.infowars.com), he played a news clip from Australia where a farmer [Peter Spencer] is doing a protest (where-in he is up in some high spot, exposed to the weather etc., not coming down until the government responds to his concerns). His and other Aussies are extremely upset because the government passed legislation in 2005 prohibiting them from clearing any more land (ie: knock down the nation's carbon sink trees) and the government refuses to compensate any of these landowners for their losses due to this legislation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQUEmV7Fv58

*(interview on another radio program with Alan Jones of AU)
                "109 million hectares" of private AU farmers land under government carbon control, thus reducing AU's carbon emissions (theoretically) by 22% - on the backs of the Aussie family farm; with no compensation to the land owner.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...