• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something I found on that intersting website.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I found on that intersting website.

This is from Wayne Easter's page. It's part of a debate that should be read by every farmer in this country. Notice how much money was unspent from the agricultural safety net programs....

Wayne Easter
    Mr. Speaker, putting farmers first is the Conservatives' motto; what a farce. They are the first to help farmers out of business, and that is a fact.

How low will they go? The Conservatives quote somebody who is in an agriculture committee in one sector of one province and then they say that is the Liberal Party's position. That is what that party over there is all about: messaging. No matter what the message is, whether or not it is the truth, that party tries to create a false impression.

These are the facts of the matter on putting farmers first: there are 861,400,000 dollars less than last year in farm safety nets; $101 million lapsed on agriculture and agri-food grants and contributions; $15 million lapsed on the environment; and $13 million lapsed on safety. How could the parliamentary secretary stand in his place and try to leave the impression that he is putting farmers first?

The Conservatives are doing nothing of the sort. They are selling out the farm community in this country. They should be ashamed of themselves.

And this one, from Gerry Ritz's page. It just plain makes me mad...

Hon. Wayne Easter (Malpeque, Lib.):
    2009-11-17 14:50 (Oral Questions)
    library of parliament version | more quotes from this MP

Mr. Speaker, the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada performance report is a shockingly sad commentary on the minister's performance.

While hog producers are facing their worst crisis ever, hundreds leaving the farms, with beef producers facing the lowest prices in decades due in great part to the government's inaction on challenging the United States' country of origin labelling, the minister cuts back on farm income support by $961,400,000.

How can the minister be so heartless as to cut $1 billion from farmers in their time of need?
    Hon. Gerry Ritz (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board, CPC):

Mr. Speaker, the member for Malpeque has rattled around the back benches in this place for almost two decades. Even he should know that program spending in agriculture varies from year to year.

We were very fortunate last year that the grains and oilseeds sectors did exceptionally well but we are not resting on our lawyers--laurels--
    Some hon. members:
    library of parliament version

Oh, oh!
    Hon. Gerry Ritz:

--or lawyers either for that matter, Mr. Speaker, they are just not dependable at all.

We are out there opening trade corridors. We are ensuring those products are moving in an expeditious way and getting returns back to the farm gate where they should be.
    Hon. Wayne Easter (Malpeque, Lib.):

Mr. Speaker, maybe the Minister of Agriculture should face some of the hog producers and give that answer to those who are going broke, losing their homes and losing their land. That answer is unacceptable.

Let us be clear. The minister pretends he stands behind farmers but his is a record of failure. Of all the cruel hoaxes perpetuated by the government, the Minister of Agriculture's hoax is the worst. He is imposing an absolute cruelty on producers in this country.

Will he commit today to re-profile the $1 billion that his department misspent to producers?
    Hon. Gerry Ritz (Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board, CPC):

Mr. Speaker, as the member gets louder and redder, what he is forgetting is that producers themselves have tremendous support for this government. Let me quote a few of them. Curtiss Littlejohn with Ontario Pork said, "These three programs provide options and choices for producers and ultimately will help to right-size the industry". The president of the pork producers said, "We think it's going to make a huge difference.... The loans will give some farmers the liquidity they need to stay in business...".

We are delivering the right programs at the right time to make sure our industry survives in spite of the member for Malpeque and his band of merry farmers who vote against all these programs.

Band of merry farmers???? With this attitude we're all toast............

Comment

That doesn't surprise me I've always thought Ritz was an arrogant buffoon - good for Wayne Easter for trying to keep them honest.

Comment

I'm going to keep going back and reading this site, and will report it here. I think everybody needs to know just exactly where we stand in the scheme of things, and we will see the truth much better off the floor of parliament than we will in some news release or sound bite. I don't thing we stand far from the bottom in the priority list, from the attitude I've seen so far. We're just a bunch of merry farmers that need to be put off and stalled until we quietly go away.

I always thought that a Conservative government was generally a pro agriculture government. A Conservative government led by an Alberta leader should be even more so. So much for that theory!

Why would anyone in agriculture vote for this bunch? We are obviously getting no respect from them. Just empty promises and boasting if one farmer said anything even slightly positive about something they did, that we are all enthusiastically behind them.

Bull hockey...........

Comment

Oh ya, this is the link. Click the browse all button.

http://www.howdtheyvote.ca/findmember.php?s=10

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...