• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last one at the auction turn out the lights...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last one at the auction turn out the lights...

another FOUR disbursal sales in southern BC this week...two of them well established old ranches in the kamloops area...and a large herd reduction in a very old ranch near penticton...

i feel..like an endangered species...its weird...

so...soon...there will be only ONE (???) herd in Canada...located in sean's back yard...its ok though...i am already on the list of possible working cowboys...lol..vs

Two here today. Two tomorrow. Lots more to come...........

Comment

Anyone know if the majority are going for slaughter??? Anyway of telling?

Comment

Just think...Feb born heifers 680 lbs @78.00 = 530.40 steers 700 @89.00 = 623.00 who really wants them...... Most cull cows are going to slaughter along with the rest of the industry......

Comment

Before BSE, those calves were bringing double or more that per pound. Fats were at or over $1.00. Most everyone then was happy. Why has everything gone to crap and stayed there? You're right ProFarmer..... Something isn't right here.

Comment

LOL - Why do I have to own it? Won't
            anyone hire me???

Comment

maybe because you are the only optimist left here?

Comment

well that (optomist)...AND...Sean is a MOD...almost a deity...VERY important guy...good looking...witty...charming...smart (laying it on pretty heavy here)...lmao...we gotta keep a sense of hahaha...otherwise we will end up like those jaded, washed up grain farmers on the commodity side...and THEY think they have something to whine about...they are ALL millionaires...the only reason they claim to lose money is because they didnt make as much as they wanted...ergo...a loss....lol...there is certainly no HAHA over there let me tell you!!!

hey...whatever happened to the big cookout to celebrate the government giving us all a bunch o money??!!!!vs

perfecho...we are seeing two and three year old really nice cows going to cull/slaughter at every auction...hundreds of them...i know they are for slaughter based on who is purchasing...5 years ago...they would have sold for 1000-1200...now...27 cents a pound...when you look at the price of hamburger...and how many hamburgers mcdonalds, bugerking etc sell every day..it translates into SOMEONE is making a killing on ground beef!!!!

Comment

VBD - LMAO - for a second I thought you
                  were my wife and needed to get something
                  done.
                  There is opportunity out there, but it is
                  hard to see since it takes cash and
                  patience. The other challenge is that it
                  is being built on the back of
                  consolidation and losing the guy on the
                  ground (taking a bigger piece of the pie,
                  rather than making the pie bigger).

Comment

Farmers Whine

Ranchers Lament

Comment

PER!!! you are a romantic cowboy poet!!! i never would have guessed...but you hit it RIGHT on the head!!!!

lament is EXACTLY the correct choice of vernacular in this situation...it conveys that slight nuance of superiority from being able to say..."i am a rancher (a rancher who is not making a living...but a rancher nontheless)"...lol...vs

Comment

.. and the sadness that comes with it.

Comment

Kato!!!!! you seem very glum..chum...i am not used to you posting like you have lately...for a chick you are pretty smart (now THAT oughta get a rise outa a few people!!!)...i assumed you would see what changes needed to be made and that you would strap your floppy sun-hat on and go ahead and make them???

you know what??? introspection is acceptible...sadness is not...resolute defiance or grudging enlightenment...

i guess even the day that i gotta take ALL my girls to auction (the four legged ones)...i will still have to do it with a wry smile on my face at what was and could have been...lol...vs

Comment

The beef industry isn't the only one
                            that is glum these days. The service
                            sector of the oil patch is in crisis in
                            many areas of Alberta, most of those
                            folks have never weathered the storm
                            like farmers and ranchers have. One
                            certified home inspector told me
                            yesterday that he is getting a lot of
                            work doing inspections for banks due to
                            foreclosure, so lots of folks are having
                            tough times. The one positive is that