• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFSC Best Place to Work

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFSC Best Place to Work

Got this clip from Newco Market News. I do not know what your experience was this summer but here it was not a whole lot of fun dealing with AFSC. I read in the clip about "performance based". I am wondering if performance based meant cheating farmers on appraisals or deliberately delaying inspections to force producers to give up their insurance in order to get feed or pasture. It sure was not customer based, I know that for certain.

AFSC recognized as one of the best places to work in Canada One of Canada's Top 100
    Employers

The Government of Alberta’s Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) has
    been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. Now entering its 10th year, Canada’s
    Top 100 Employers is an annual competition that acknowledges employers that lead their
    industries in offering exceptional workplaces for their employees.
    “To be recognized at a national level for being an employer of choice is a true honor,”
    said George Groeneveld, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development. “Over the past few
    years, AFSC has made significant changes to create a performancebased
    culture and the
    positive results are being felt by staff and clients alike.”

“At AFSC, I believe our greatest asset is our people, and I give full credit to the staff for
    this recent win,” said Brad Klak, President and Managing Director at AFSC. “Without the
    staff’s innovative suggestions and dedication to helping our clients we never could have
    received this award.”
    With over 650 employees working in 50 offices across Alberta, AFSC is a provincial
    Crown corporation that works with Alberta’s agriculture producers and other agribusinesses
    to ensure they have the financial services they require to run a successful business.

Would agree with you there FS, they win my award for the most useless and difficult people I have to deal with. Mind you I think they were marginally better this year than last. I only deal with them for CAIS not crop insurance or anything like that.

Comment

Actually our local office staff are great to work with, phoning on deadlines, helping out where they can. I find that even the adjusters seem to favor on the farmers side, however some of the policies are obviously made by non-farmers.....AFSC is a bank and the policies are reflecting that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...