• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm trucks fuel economy?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm trucks fuel economy?

With these prices farmers getting hit hard What are some of the best mileage half tons?

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    With these prices farmers getting hit hard What are some of the best mileage half tons?
    Put a saddle on the daughter's hay burner...

Comment

2016 Dodge Eco Diesel. Highway 28-30 mpg. pulling a 14 ft. trailer20-22mpg.

Comment

I have a 2015 GM with a 5.3 that gets around the ll L/100k.and pulling a 28 ft. 6500lb camper the number doubles. Alliswd45 is that true that it costs $250 to do a oil change on your echo diesel? I was told that by a buddy.

Comment

Dont know about the eco diesel but a duramax oil change and fuel filter at great canadian was over 300 dollars.

Comment

We had a 1982 GM with a 305 4 spd overdrive..gutless as all heck.
            Always got 25 mpg highway.
            Our 2015 Ford with 5 liter gets the same..25 mpg.
            Tonnes of power..but fuel economy is no better..

Comment

Costs about 300$ at dodge dealer to do oil change. i buy synthetic oil in bulk and my filter from local fuel dealer take truck to Great Canadian Oil Change costs 38$ to do actual oil change. Filter at dodge is 45$ and 12$ locally. Oil locally about half price from what dodge charges.
              Crankcase holds 10 liters and i go 20-2500 Kms between changes. Uses Def about 5 litres to 10000 KM

Comment

Does the truck give oil life %? Only 2500 km? should be double at least.

Comment

My 17 Chev Crew 5.3 8sp, avg 12L/100 not bad imo. Thats 19.6 miles/usg, but like most guys braggin about pickup truck fuel mileage I use the British measure of 23.5 miles/gal. Love miss Gasolina, my dirty diesels are 1 ton and larger.
                  Last edited by biglentil; May 1, 2018, 09:17.

Comment

5.7 dodge about 18 average but about 14 pulling.
                    Cummins gets about 21 and doesn't vary that much loaded or not.

Comment

Maybe is farmers wouldn't spend 80-100 k to drive super duty's, duramax's, Longhorn, big horn, denali's, whatever they wouldn't complain so much about a few extra bucks on fuel

Staying home a bit and not attending every trade show, seminar and event in Canada and most of the US would help also.

Fuel was $18.39 per across the farm in 2016 and we don't do everything 1 pass, have not did the calc for 2017 but not too concerned if its $2 an acre higher in 2018

For some of the guys that are constantly trading and upgrading equipment under lease $5-10 per acre slips under rug pretty fast

But shiny equipment and denali's are very important to image for some....

Comment

My farm truck is a Saturn Astra, gets great mileage, but not much good for towing. I only use the truck if I'm hauling something that physically won't fit into one of the cars, or has to be towed. Which is rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard5 View Post
                          Maybe is farmers wouldn't spend 80-100 k to drive super duty's, duramax's, Longhorn, big horn, denali's, whatever they wouldn't complain so much about a few extra bucks on fuel

Staying home a bit and not attending every trade show, seminar and event in Canada and most of the US would help also.

Fuel was $18.39 per across the farm in 2016 and we don't do everything 1 pass, have not did the calc for 2017 but not too concerned if its $2 an acre higher in 2018

For some of the guys that are constantly trading and upgrading equipment under lease $5-10 per acre slips under rug pretty fast

But shiny equipment and denali's are very important to image for some....
                          Agree with much of this. But even the lowest end vehicles are stupid price. I don't buy bells and whistles. I buy what I need to pull and carry parts fuel and equipment etc.
                          What some are missing is it's not just the fuel you burn it's he price of everything else that's going up because of this unearned price increases of fuel.
                          But with the tax rebate gone also it's going to hit the guys further away from towns a lot more than some realize. And those town services are getting further and further also apart.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            Does the truck give oil life %? Only 2500 km? should be double at least.
                            Sorry fat fingers. It should be 20- 25000km

Comment

Originally posted by AllisWD45 View Post
                              Sorry fat fingers. It should be 20- 25000km
                              Now sounds high, but if oil life says so on synthetic, go for it. Could do an oil sample.

"But with the tax rebate gone also it's going to hit the guys further away from towns a lot more than some realize. And those town services are getting further and further apart. "

So true, some people drive lots of miles, businesses and services are closing.
                              Last edited by fjlip; May 1, 2018, 12:09.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...